Author Topic: National Micro car Rally  (Read 24892 times)

milnes

• Quite Chatty
National Micro car Rally
« on: August 06, 2014, 11:26:11 PM »
Not sure if anyone on here is going to the National Microcar rally, Wetherby in September? On the NMR web page and several club mags it's been advertised that if you phone Days Inn hotel, Wetherby direct and quote a ref number you will get a room for a special £49 night. I called them today and was told that they were unsure why NMR have advertised this and the best price they could offer was £89/night. I've just been onto Hotels.com and got the same hotel for £65/night.
I need to stop buying!

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: National Micro car Rally
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
Not sure if anyone on here is going to the National Microcar rally, Wetherby in September?
Surely you mean 'Not sure if anyone on here is not going to National Microcar rally'  :D
Contact Ray Glendinning if you are having problems with the hotel booking.
You should be heading to Arrochar this long weekend and join us for the Scottish rally.  Most of those from the south have arrived already.
Grant

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:03:02 AM »
I guess you are correct Grant, 'anyone not going'  8)

I seem to working in Foreign Climes every time there is a Micro car meet, this weekend is no different, as i will be stuck in Norway. I'm determined to make the National, so have booked the Friday off work and now booked the hotel, see you there!

Scott
I need to stop buying!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 08:33:24 AM »
And I will be there in my tent , more fun , cheaper and cooking the full English , no sign of Haggis or Lorne , with Mike on the Sunday is something that's worth the trip for alone
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »
No fear Richard, we will still be in the Union at National time so I will bring you Haggis.  No need for Scott and I to cook the full English yet  ;D. Good to hear you and Mike will be there, I might just have a small job for the pair of you.......
All loaded to head to Arrochar with the KR200 so if I get any wifi will post some pics.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 08:48:19 AM »
I am not sure about the vote Grant I feel the the Scots are revolting  ;D I will hold you to the haggis though . Cannot imagine how Mike and I could help you but .....
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Not sure if anyone on here is going to the National Microcar rally, Wetherby in September? On the NMR web page and several club mags it's been advertised that if you phone Days Inn hotel, Wetherby direct and quote a ref number you will get a room for a special £49 night. I called them today and was told that they were unsure why NMR have advertised this and the best price they could offer was £89/night. I've just been onto Hotels.com and got the same hotel for £65/night.

There was a deal, though perhaps you just missed it, Milnes!  The allocation of rooms at the special rate is now fully taken, as today's update says on the NMCR website.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
Sorry not specific to this nmcr deal but always with travellodge, premier inn, days inn and I expect others NEVER try to book direct with the actual hotel . I don't know why but the rate will ALWAYS be at least £20 ,or more, cheaper when booked online .oh I meant to say that I am talking of the hotel chains own website
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:31:00 PM by richard »

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 07:00:46 PM »
Richard - as in don't book with the Hotel chain's own website, or it's £20 cheaper even via the hotel chain's own website ???

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »
It's £25 cheaper booking through Hotels.com than it is through Days inn. Days inn are now saying they only offered a limited amount of rooms at that price, which seems to be news to the organisers of the rally. Never mind i'm booked now.
I need to stop buying!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 09:03:43 PM »
sorry dave obviously it must have sounded confused - but it was clear to me . I spend my life in and out of these hotels . if you phone a Travelodge direct or turn up at reception the price will be at least £20 more than going out to the car sitting on an iphone and booking off the Travelodge website .
Recently a colleague and myself booked separately to stay an overnight at m20 Maidstone Days Inn , office meeting next day at Folkestone , neither of us had stayed with this chain before but he phoned the hotel and my wife did it on line with Days Inn - aprox £20 or £30 difference .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:11:27 PM by richard »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 09:21:52 AM »
Dear Richard

You mean to say you were that close to Staplehurst and you did not call in and say Hi to Jean, Jamie and co.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 09:55:40 AM »
Much as I would love to some of us work hard - occasionally  :)I got to hotel about 9pm on wed night and left the sales meeting 4.15 Friday with a long run home which ended up taking 7 3/4 hours !! Very frustrating passing places when unable to visit

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »
Dear Rumcar Forum readers

I am heading north today and look forward to seeing you all ( or as many as possible) at the national.

Lookout for the Rumcar Tent.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
Why ? Has it fallen off your roof rack ? ?  ;D