Author Topic: Oooh, what a beauty!  (Read 2704 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Oooh, what a beauty!
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »
 Behold, the enormous cod-piece of Chris Thomas. As sighted on the Saturday of the Peel Rally....  ;D  :o

'ere, what are you all giggling at? ? ?  ???

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Oooh, what a beauty!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:32:59 PM »
'Get Stuffed!'

Carry on cod, though it looks more like battered Manx cat leg.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »

'Get Stuffed!'

I think most of us were after the size of the portions dished up at the Marine that night...

Carry on cod, though it looks more like battered Manx cat leg.

Apparently the Manx cod come in that shape. It enables them to swim round the island better.  ;D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 09:56:01 PM »
Dear Stuart

I  would like to put on record that whilst I was able to eat the large Cod piece, and the mushy peas, I could not manage all the chips or a desert. This was a first for me, especially when not accompanied by my wife.

It was a shame that on Sunday afternoon I donated it all back to the Irish sea on the sea cat back to Liverpool. Every time I go on a sea cat I promise I will never go on one again. They always seem to break down, and in rough sea are stomach churning. Give me a cruise liner every time.

Thanks for that memory

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 12:26:21 AM »
Take it from one who knows Chris there is no " cruise liner option " the IOM ferries would not come under that heading ! Having been on many last boat home trips , believe me the sea cat is much the better of the two . By the way I guess you resisted the " desert " as it may have been a little dry ' ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:58:20 AM »
Apparently the Manx cod come in that shape. It enables them to swim round the island better.  ;D

A precurser to the recerculating amphibian that over millions of years morphed into the Scottish Mountain Haggis. So maybe rumours of Nessie are true too.....

Personally it looks more like an imported Australian Boomerang Pollock fillet. Rather confirmed by the fact it came back again. But I could be wrong.

So the Sea Cat is as reliable as a Peel then? I hope Root waved from his comfy aeroplane seat as he flew over. 'Show us your kippers!'
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs