Author Topic: Friskysport - seen from a new angle  (Read 7860 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Friskysport - seen from a new angle
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 09:02:09 AM »
Actually my post was more on the theme of seeing cars from different angles but hey go with the flow  ;) perhaps inspired by that lovely photo Bob posted of his Inter at the rugby club- sometimes it's all in the angle  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »
Sorry, I am not overly interested in looking at them, or collecting pictures of other peoples cars, I'd rather get them going. My mistake. You both know how to reach me guys.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
I think the topic of this thread has probably jumped slightly off course here
The mission statement of Rumcars is to both keep records, and encourage the restoration and preservation of unusual microcars.
Messyman,  Al and John- you are all over achievers in the best sense of the word in terms of getting these cars back to operational status.  Yet you each have your own individual blend of strengths that you offer generously to the rest of us under achievers in different ways.
We generally do not demonstrate enough appreciation for our hero's efforts.
Please don't let that fact or a television actor's disingenuously inspired attack, or any reactive attempt to maintain political correctness in the aftermath of this to shed any negative light on your offerings that help restore and preserve our cars.
Your actions are right on target with Rumcars' mission statement.
Your words understandably less so considering your relative newbie status on this forum.
I can now make this statement with greater authority as it is my first post as a "Prolific Poster".
Never mind that I was one to suggest our switching to this terminology. ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:52:02 PM by steven mandell »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
I think the rumcars mission is still well on course! Its always good to see specialized knowledge disseminated on the forum, its what its all about but there are quitter periods where a photo or a chat about a TV programme can fill in the gap.
I'm as guilty as the next man of wandering off topic but there is a lot to be said for starting a new thread when one topic leads on to another. For one it makes it easier to find something discussed previously. Say for example you want to refer to this discussion on Frisky suspension, if you were searching for it in months to come you wouldn't really expect to find it under " Frisky seen from a new angle" but if under "Frisky suspension" you would be onto it right away. Just a thought.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
Any more of that from Steven we will have to start a sycophants corner  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
It beats being in your psycho fantasy corner. ;D ;D

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 08:35:37 PM »
Now now ladies!

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 10:51:25 PM »
lol it wasn't a dig regarding the off course the topic was or wasn't going but it so funny how it changes...... oppolgise to any 1 offended but if so ...dry you eyes lol
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175