Author Topic: Razor trike  (Read 3200 times)

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
Razor trike
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »
Anyone on here registered one of these yet? Designed for Hayabusa engine (acceleration must be terrifying) but also available with a KTM 525 option (which would still give a power to weight ratio of about 150bhp per ton) so within the parameters of a micro car. I think this is about the only modern styled reverse trike I've seen that really looks the part.

http://razorcars.co.uk/

1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Razor trike
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
I also like the Blackjack Avion which is very stylish. The later more powerful version of the Avion (I cannot remember its name) has more performance but has lost some of the original's superbly elegant styling.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
It's NOT a microcar! The engine is far too big. Up to 700cc on here.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:29 PM »
Which one are you talking about Rob? The Blackjack as a 2CV engine 600cc and the Razor has a 525cc versions so both are microcars.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »
Read all about  The Razor Trike in issue 112 of Rumcar News ( Spring 2012)

Back issues available at a reasonable price from Jean.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »
The successor to the Blackjack Avion is called the Zero. That can be fitted with a Moto Guzzi V-twin or veedub flat four, neither would put it in microcar territory, but rather lightweight and fun trikes. I viewed them as more of an evolution of the Morgan type trike than a truely original design

What I like about the Razor is that it has a nicely styled hardtop, and is reasonably streamlined, so this would be a practical car for all year round use. and the styling to me looks unique. The only thing I'm not too sure of are those Pug lights on the front.

1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
Ah Zero, cheers Andy!

Yup, the bigger engines are outside "Micro", but the cars are still fairly "Rare" and fairly "Unusual" so of interest to some of us here. I agree about the lights, I think bigger lights blended into the styling, or "Bug eye" lights on stalks would give it more character. Would love to drive one!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face