Author Topic: scootacar ...  (Read 11125 times)

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
scootacar ...
« on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »
Some days after Bisbi national rally, isabelle, is dreaming of a scootacar ... does anyone of you has one for sale ?????
thank you friends !!
jdo
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
Re: scootacar ...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 03:25:03 PM »
There is one on UK eBay at the moment but it is very, very expensive. Item number 1513873747

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
Dear Jean Do

Which of the nice ladies at the BisBi rally was Isabelle?

Do you have a good photograph of this lady to refresh my memory?

There should be at least one Scootacar at the National Microcar Rally in Wetherby on 12-14 September.

Isabelle could fly into Leeds Bradford Airport and be at the rally within 1 hour.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »
There is one on UK eBay at the moment but it is very, very expensive. Item number 1513873747

But with a 3T engine it is about the fastest of the true Microcars on three wheels. I do not know the going rate for a 3T but they have never been 'cheap'. The Scootacar, well you take your choices. I do not know if it has the relevant parts to fit a cheaper 11E, but that will still trot along at 50 mph all day.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »

isabelle is that beautiful funny brunette riding the motobecane scooter...
glad to read you chris...good travel back home...

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 09:37:24 PM »
Dear Jean Do

Vivacious Isabella who speaks very good English. I remember her now!!!!

I had a good journey home thank you. Lots of good food, good memories and good photographs of good people and cars.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar news

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 06:25:57 AM »
good !
will anybody here able to help her about the *ebay(s scootacar ?? she Do wants one .!!... is this one easy to rebuilt?? parts missing ... Belle will register here to have help ! thank you ... imagine her nice smile , red dressed pinup driving a red scootacar at the next Bisbi national rally ... we do !!^^

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 07:49:24 AM »
This is Steve Vine selling, I believe. As I understand it it is a MK2 Scootacar that has been prepared to become a Mk3 with the fitting of a 3T engine, supplied. So really, if that is the case, one needs to know what state the car is, or if it really is a Mk3. Some might want a Mk2 as a Mk2. Stephen Boyd will undoubtedly know that, but Steve is an honest fellow, so really talking to him will be best. I do not have Steve's contact info.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »
Does Belle understand how noisy scootacars are? Everything shakes and rattles! Maybe she should have a ride in one first before paying lots of money for one. If she comes to the national rally I'm sure someone will give her a ride.

Elizabelle

• Just Starting
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »
Hello everybody!!! Hi Chris!!! I'm sorry I'm back to bother you !!!  ;D
For those who didn't understand, I'm the crazy girl that DOES want a cute red scootacar !!!  (I understood that colour was not a problem !!!)
For the noise, I spent 3 days with microcars and old scooters for about 250 km, I suppose it should have given me a good idea of what it is like... Is it really worse?!
The problem is of course the price... but also all the technical aspects... Does anyone know the average price for a car like that?
I would have been really pleased to come to the rally to see one in action, but there are at least 40 people coming to eat at home on that weekend... :-\
Maybe is it possible to rent a red scootacar for the next Bisbi... It would be easier...  :P
Thanks a lot for your interest on my little problem...
See you !

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »
What's the handling like on a scootacar- they always looked top heavy to me.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »
Yes Sootacars are noisy. Two reasons. The engine is near enough in the car, the passengers sit on it. But also there is minimal sound deadening. The body itself is going to drum and sound proofing it would add a lot of weight. From memory the 3T was quieter as it is a balanced engine and the blowers do act to pump some of the noise away. Maybe the exhaust was more efficient than the Scootacar I drove which had a home made system. AS far as I am concerned this is perhaps the main critisism of the Scootacar.

Handling - Well it stops as it has hydraulic brakes, so you need the best tyres you can buy, which seem to be the German Hedineau. Armed with tyres that grip I suspect that like most folks the surprise is how well the thing goes. Little wheels find bumps. The front suspension is a bit simplistic but I found I could make it work well, maybe my over average weight helped. A Scootacar produced well will give a Schmitt a fright. A Mk3 has little competition, Goggo 400? Be quicker I think, as its lighter, same with Vespa. Either way these are usable cars, the more so as eccentric second cars. They have a lot of space inside, its just not really offered in immediate to use form. A few hooks and bungees and stuff can be stowed back. So great for shopping.

Price, what can I say. They have gained price nearly exponentially almost. Partly as there only so many to be had. Having sold mine I am resigned to never owning another as the price will probably continue upwards well beyond an amount I am prepared to pay. But then I can remember not making enough effort to get Dave Floyd's cars off the Scrap heap at Haynes. The days when £25 would have made a difference?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 03:25:02 PM »
Welcome Elizabelle

It is good to have a new female member on the Forum.

The best person to speak to about Scootacars is Stephen Boyd, who runs the Scootacar Register, email  scootacar@btinternet .com or go to his web site www.scootacar/org.uk.

Scootacars do not come up for sale very often, and the prices are going up and up, so good luck.

Good to see you at Le Creusot and thank you for interpreting on the Friday night.

The Motobecane Museum in St Quentin is called Village des Métiers d'Antan, 5 Rue de la Fére, 02100 St Quentin.

Good luck and keep those planes in the air.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

tibo

• Occasional
    • ma500.fr
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 08:30:55 AM »
helo cris hello isabelle
le seul scootacar abordable que j'ai croisé était en UK a 8000€ incomplet et pas jolie...mais avec beaucoup de patience on trouve toujours !
Cris for information, the rusty Velam is already on the road (because of a pinching an incoming fuel hose  :o )

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »
Hi Tibo

Good to meet you at BisBi with your rusty Velam. Interesting to see a rusty Velam going better than many of the restored Velams at the Rally. Fuel supply to the engines did seem to be a popular problem. Even my newish car did not like the French fuel with ethanol in it.

I hope we will see some of your cars at future rallies and meetings.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News