Author Topic: South African Microcar event  (Read 3066 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
South African Microcar event
« on: September 05, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »
For those of you that are a little more adventurous you may like to read this

http://www.zoutnet.co.za/articles/news/26585/2014-09-04/microcars-take-kruger-by-pleasant-surprise

Chris Thomas
Rumcar news

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: South African Microcar event
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:42:47 PM »
Note that the Goggos are Export spec model. The Isetta has the louvered door. More difficult to tell what the Schmitt are as you need to see inside. Subtle but interestingly different cars, with a none Top Gear write up.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: South African Microcar event
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »
What an interesting article.  1981 soon after the first RUMCAR NEWS was issued I can remember being astounded to receive a letter from a gentleman in South Africa who somehow had come to hear of our existence and wanted to register his car. This was followed by four other people, my first members outside Europe and to this day we have eight cars from South Africa on the Register.  There was no Internet in use in those days, all my records were paper ones and communication was by email so sadly I lost touch after about 1984.  It would very interesting to know if some of those cars are still around and their owners of course.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars