Author Topic: Carved Model Heinkel  (Read 13401 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Carved Model Heinkel
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »
I nearly bought an old forge north of Craven Arms on the main road through the counties behind Clee Hill. It is very Rural and to the west you have empty Marches into the Welsh Highlands. A great place to do up cars and have adventures. Trouble is because it is quite empty there are few folk to be friends with and a fair old step from anyone.
Interestingly there is an enclave of Valesman up near Longden/Wenlock as it is very like the Vale used to be before they started building everywhere and the townies moved in. So I was repeating a thought process of the older countrymen who did not like what was happening. As it is I will stick for the moment. But the unrestricted building is getting very bad and the area threatens to become like one continuous outer suburb. Did you know that up into the '70's Wiltshire was so sparsely populated it ranked as the same risk as Scotland for insurance! Not anymore, you can hardly move.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »
Living a few miles from Craven Arms Al you make out that we live in a wilderness I think its very rude to say it is quite empty in the Marches I do not know where you get you information but that's have no more of it!!
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 07:56:52 AM »
If you lived here you would probably relish your density of population there. The South East is filled and it seems we are next to be forced to be overpopulated. Probably as I can reach London, Bristol or Birmingham in an hour. 
There is a difference between underpopulation and rural. I like rural, its where I grew up, but it now only exists in the far corner of the Vale (Actually the Vale itself, part of Oxfordshire who annexed it from Berkshire, and than added its name to it so it sounds a nice place. The rest is in Wiltshire. If you cannot see Uffington Castle, you cannot be in the Vale. Idiot Governments.)
I apologies for liking where you live.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »
Have just completed speed tests for the counter-rotating mechanism using a cheap plastic worm and wheel set. I have to plan for people turning the handle as fast as possible so have now settled on 10 : 1 reduction for the top two levels (one not yet in place) and 20 : 1 for the counter-rotating lower two levels. It will all be hidden inside Sleepy Hill, but I could not resist attaching the Tram model for this film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Y5b4ECaQg
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 08:52:56 AM »
Progress video. mechanism disconnected while I start to build the four levels, here it is with the first two roughly in place and turned by hand. The railway level has all 3 models, the canal has only 3, and there will be two more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrvDjdmoy50

The hammering sound is someone making a boat outside, NOT the mechanism!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face