Author Topic: RCN 122  (Read 5748 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RCN 122
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »
I have just received the latest issue of RUMCAR NEWS from the printers.  Unfortunately it is later than usual because of holidays and visits to Rallies but I hope to get it in the post early next week.   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: RCN 122
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
RCN 122 is in the post today,  sorry for the long delay but the Editor and the Printers holidays overlapped which made us some ten days later than usual.  I think it's a bumper issue and Chris has done us proud once again but I also know he would welcome some more articles from you guys so please get your thinking caps on.  I hope you think this issue was well worth waiting for. Jean
Jean

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »
Got mine this morning.  Just speed read it so far. I did pause to read Malcolm Parker's Bath rally report.  Well done Malcolm. Also well done for persisting in sorting out the Bond. I had to laugh about you running out of petrol! We have all done it, its all too easy without a fuel gauge. You are now a PROPER microcar enthusiast with real dirt under your fingernails and side of the road experience!
Chris's Siata article looks good, will have to read that next week as the band has a gig Saturday and will be really busy over the weekend.
Looks like another good edition.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 02:18:23 PM »
Got home last night and RUM arrived this morning - looks like a great read ! Plenty of interest for all I would think  :) the article on aluminium was very interesting and i now wonder could chris do one on the developement and history of perspex ?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:55:20 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
Poor Chris, it would be nice if some else volunteered to do the research and write an article on the history of perspex.  I know how busy he is running his own business I really don't know how he finds the time to produce the magazines he does.  If only one of our 141 readers would undertake the research and write the bear outlines of the story, if they really do not feel they can write the entire article I am sure Chris would only be too pleased to 'knock it into shape'.   The role of an editor, as I understand it, is to compile  an interesting magazine from items submitted by other people.    Come on people give Chris  some help with the content.  Jean
Jean

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »
Dear Readers

I can not believe only two readers have received their copies of Rumcar News

Either that or you are all settled into an armchair reading Rumcar News from cover to cover.

I will endorse Jeans plea for more articles, however I think Jean was a little harsh with her words, which were well meant.

If you do think of something you would like to know more about, then it is quite likely that we would all like to be enlightened. With the internet, a bit or surfing soon throws up all manner of information, that leads onto more information, and before you know where you are you have too much info that needs pruning back to give a clear history and understanding of the subject. Good images are always important as one image conveys a thousand words.

I like looking for links between things we take for granted that are not obvious, Like Facel of Facel Vega made all the bodies for the Vespa 400. Or Granville Bradshaw who designed many Radial engines for early Bi planes worked with Laurie Bond and Sharpes to improve the Bond Minicar front suspension. Or the company that makes Perspex is owned by Mitsubishi.

All the recent discussion regarding LED light bulbs for Older cars seems to me an excellent subject, as they are consumable items and lower wattage helps a struggling Dynastart system. I know the purists will scoff, but for those that want their microcars to be driveable, they will become essential.

Have fun researching a subject and I look forward to the results.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »
Interesting point about struggling dynastarts, I have never noticed that to be the case. Maybe dynastart maintenance is the answer rather than changing all the bulbs? I can see the advantage in having brighter lights though.
Thanks for all your hard work on RCN Chris. I would love to research articles and write more but the hobby for me is restoring and running the cars, I don't have enough spare time to do both.
Keep up the good work.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »
Aye, RCN is a good read. Comment on dynostarts on another thread.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs