Author Topic: Well finally got there only took two years  (Read 4140 times)

Jim

• Chatty
  • Just aquired 1963 Bond needs loads of resto work
Well finally got there only took two years
« on: October 03, 2014, 05:05:45 PM »
1963 Bond MKG,  Well finally got there only took two years past its first MOT in 30 years last Tuesday thanks to Mike at GP Autos Kiln Farm talk about small world while waiting for MOT Certificate he mentioned he has got a Lambretta Golden Special its his pride and joy and would never get rid of it, I`ve got a 1966 LI 125/186 Special  Scooters and Bonds loving it. ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:22:00 PM by Jim »
Had Bond Minicar MKG in 1967 never forget your first car so just had to get enougher one now and restore it

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
Re: Well finally got there only took two years
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »
That looks lovely, Jim - and I think the colour suits it well.

May I publish the pics (and anything else you want to send me?) in the Bond Info magazine?

Dave
(Editor of Bond Info)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
well done Jim !! lovely job ! Daves right that colour seems very good on it too . No wonder you have a big smile  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 06:50:30 PM »
Yes, well done Jim. Only two years?  That's fast compared to most of our projects!

I like the way many Bond owners despite them having a dedicated club are gravitating towards Rumcars. We must be doing something right or is it that the Bond club is doing something wrong? Don't answer that!
We also seem to have attracted a few Isetta owners lately too.
The more the merrier I say.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
Nothing at all wrong with the Bond Club Bob , or the newsletter ( best ever issue this month i think - thank you Dave Miller of this parish ) but there is no Bond forum .... yet  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 07:59:40 PM »
ah, no Bond forum, that will be it then.  Bond info always was good.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 12:00:03 AM »
Looks absolutely smashing Jim. Well done for seeing it through.  :)
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 07:34:43 AM »
but there is no Bond forum .... yet  :)

Sharpes intake of breath! Bonds just seem so traditionally 50's its hard to see technology catch up with them. Why, more than others, I cannot say. Maybe they are the quintessentially eccentric successful car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
aah just noticed somebody nicked the number . did  you fit the rear seat i sold you ? and was it you that bought my back door and windows Jim ? if so they have found a great home !
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:57:05 PM by richard »

Jim

• Chatty
  • Just aquired 1963 Bond needs loads of resto work
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
Hi all cheers for support yes that smile on my face is one of deep contentment, Dave you are very welcome to use these pics I’ll be in touch soon with more info and Richard yes I used that rear seat I could not believe my luck when I came across it when you had it for sale at the Bond National thanks again, when I got the car it never had a rear seat so I was well chuffed the rear door is the original that was attached to my Bond when I got it two years ago so I don’t know who purchased the one you had for sale, hey you lot I don’t know whether to laugh or cry but The Bond Club recons I hold the record for most money spent in one day at one of there parts stalls. :-\
Had Bond Minicar MKG in 1967 never forget your first car so just had to get enougher one now and restore it