Author Topic: More Inters  (Read 11824 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
More Inters
« on: October 11, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »
Inters are still out there and being found.
Just heard from a French chap who has just liberated this previously unknown one.  Lucky him.
Same colour as mine too. Looks like it needs some new rubber bands though.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: More Inters
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
Great news, hope to see more around.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:01:39 PM »
yep , lovely to see new finds and unrestored cars. At NMCR Mike was exhibiting his unrestored 1951 Mochet, Chris had asked for something " unusual " for the RUM stall, it got a lot of attention - as did the two other French unrestored cars .Everything else did seem a bit too been there done that .......
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:43:53 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »
Funny you should say that Richard, Dave Watson has just put out the call for unrestored Isetta's for the NEC next month. He said they will get more attention than shiny ones.

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
We find this with the tractors as well
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
no surprise surely , don't we all spend more time tyre kicking and teeth sucking a project rather than a resto ? - thats my excuse for not getting on with it anyway  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 12:51:44 AM »
Looks like a good Inter at that.

The enthusiasts like to see stuff as found and such. Yet the NEC advertises to get the public in by offering showman stuff from films etc. Some of the public will probably not understand why tatty cars are on show. This was certainly the case at Bristol when we ran a series of stands, many including a wreck, either as it was rare and the only one available to us, or a before and after display. However for the more interested they proved good draws. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
It does look like a good Inter.  I hope Didier has the windscreen though as there is no parts supplier to call and order one from.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 09:21:03 AM »
no surprise surely , don't we all spend more time tyre kicking and teeth sucking a project rather than a resto ? - thats my excuse for not getting on with it anyway  :)

Errrr? No , I think that's just you Richard. The rest of us are getting on with it! ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »
Indeed so. It is light relief from building, which I cannot say I enjoy. The payback is you can then go out with the thing and create interest and feedback by driving it, even if its the Shopper round events. All depends on the day job and situation I suppose.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 09:42:25 AM »
I still get a HUGE amount of fun and enjoyment from the hobby Bob  ;) I still reckon that the featured Inter could draw as much attention on a rally field as a restored one .

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »
I would say that this is an inter-esting thread, but if I did you would all groan, and quite rightly too. So without inter-val or inter-ruption I clear off back to the remote fringes of the inter net.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
I still get a HUGE amount of fun and enjoyment from the hobby Bob  ;) I still reckon that the featured Inter could draw as much attention on a rally field as a restored one .
I agree HM. It probably would. So are you suggesting we all leave the cars as we found them after dragging them out of hedges, ponds etc?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 08:06:08 PM »
not at all Bob , i only make the observation that in this condition they do draw a tremendous deal of attention

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 08:11:19 AM »
A lot of people do like seeing a barn find, but then the also like to see it brought back to life and good condition.