Author Topic: A mine of mis-information!  (Read 13582 times)

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
Re: A mine of mis-information!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:49:27 PM »
A few, but it does manage the rare trick of spelling Lawrie Bond correctly!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:31:20 AM »
It is interesting to note that at least three of the images used were taken at School House Farm during the 25 anniversary meeting in summer 2009.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 09:27:55 AM »
I will be taking legal action  ;D ( I would have said Sue, soo ,   Sieu or whatever but can't recall the spelling ) lol  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »
Richard, Yes, it wasn't very complimentary re Gordon was it!  Is it true about them being built to give away in the pools, or is that bunkum?

Chris, yes I thought that was Jeans place in the background of many of the pics.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »
Bunkum Bob  :) and there was I thinking you would say that was the only factually correct part , actually the item is not far off really , so perhaps I shan't Sioux
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »
What about the first part " Nastiest cars ever created" surely that cant be true? ;)

Re what it says about the Inter, they don't even know the name of the make!  Then about it being the only one blar blar, I have never said any of that!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:29:13 PM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
Improved technology bought does not mean correct input from the guy pushing the buttons. Same as wealth does not improve taste. Something should be done.

Worst car made. Means pampers and a strong nerve to actually test the candidates. Given the standard of this offering I think the writer perhaps has little vision of the true horrors out there. The Gordon has a saving grace. Its performance is unlikely to result in serious injury or death. Built in safety is all the rage these days. So it fails to be the worst car made, by being a candidate.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »
Isetta's manufacturer not good at making it profitably?
Doing so is often quoted as saving BMW financially.
Mopettas made by Opel off shoot?
T60's with 4 wheels, and only 4 h.p.  That would be a good trick as the 60 refers to its claimed speed capability in m.p.h.
Performance of the AZ-1 less impressive than a Beat?  I guess they threw in the intercooled turbocharger just for looks, on this most race capable of all micros.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:26:08 PM by steven mandell »

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »
I understood the Isetta did well for BMW, but perhaps it's larger sibling the 600 not so good. Seriously outclassed by other small cars that were prolific by then, and must have looked expensive to the British buyer, who could have purchased a Mini for much less.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »
With you on BMW and Berkeley but Opels ok isn't it ? Isetta's unique front opening door ? And by the way where is Heinkel/Trojan , often regarded as the best looking of the lot ( oooh ! )

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
I thought Opels were Opless, but I am dyslexic. Pity they continued to supply GM trucks to the other side in the second running of the World War franchise. Bounders as bad as one H. Ford and Standard Oil (Esso these days) - puts a new meaning 'We'll put a Tiger in your tank'! Anyway a diversion to annoy most folks so my job here is done.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 02:39:17 PM »
Isetta's unique front opening door ?

I'm stuck to think of any others that have the steering wheel attached.  Suggestions?

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »
Isetta's manufacturer not good at making it profitably?
Doing so is often quoted as saving BMW financially.

I recall reading somewhere that it was not the actual SALES of Isettas that "saved" BMW, but the showing that they could adapt to market demands relatively quickly to stay afloat convinced banks to continue to invest in them despite the low demand for their usual line of vehicles. 
That being said, it is easier to simply say "the Isetta saved BMW" without getting into the specifics.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
Take your point Dave but that would be more " unique steering wheel arrangement " wouldn't it ? Anyhow the whole article is a mix of oddments trawled sometimes incorrectly from other sources - par for the course recently