Author Topic: National Microcar rally 2015  (Read 21700 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
National Microcar rally 2015
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
I can now confirm that the 2015 national rally will be held at Hatton country world (near Warwick) on the 3rd to the 6th of September.
It will be run on behalf of the Frisky register by myself and a lot of frisky owners. I would love to welcome you all next September as we attempt to beat the record of the most friskies at a rally.
Hatton is just off the A46 which links both the M40 and the M6.
More details to follow.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: National Microcar rally 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
The sun has got his Hatton. He's coming out today. Every-bodies happy. Hip hip hip hooray!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
That's excellent news, Malc.  I know Hatton Country World, and the area around - an excellent choice, and I'm looking forward to the rally already.

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »
Sounds Great Malcolm, will see if I can find reasonable airfare to your side of the Pond.
1958 FriskySport

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »
Going to be a great event.  In a very central location so no excuses that it's too far away.........
So, how many Friskys does Mr Meadows need this time ?
Was last at Hatton for the 93 NMCR run by the Berkeley EC. Some video footage on YouTube of that rally that features Richard with a road worthy Microcar  ;)
Get the dates in next years diary now and Mark get your flights book.  An event not to be missed.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 09:32:48 PM »
Is there really ? Hatton doesn't ring a bell with me - have been there  ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_TXVF4LLTF0
Looks like you and your Trojan ??

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 10:14:51 PM »
Richard with a working microcar? I would pay money to see that! ;D

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 10:21:15 PM »
Might just be mistaken identity  ;D

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
Watched the video and what struck me was the lack of trailered cars. The site has improved massively  since that video.
I was there with a Berkeley foursome.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:58:58 PM »
Yep definitely me in the red Trojan near the beginning. Co- pilot was Mike Simmonds who usually would have been driving his yellow Heinkel , can't think why he wasn't on that occasion.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 08:40:27 AM »
Watched the video and what struck me was the lack of trailered cars.

I could not possibly comment.

---

I hope your group can find time to get this commitment and date to the better media resources in time to be put into there date listings. Car and Crash it, The Autojumbler, Practical Classics and so on. Even Top Gear! This used to be a function of the old NMCR Committee, who selected someone to do it, if the ground organiser had no one. Then there is a chance of none aligned, non club members, seeing there is an event well ahead of time, making the effort to attend. Possibly some media and editorial gabble as well. Such a central English location means possibly more folk are within distance to attend. (That is not a swipe at other versions of the event. In my opinion the ideal is South, Middle, North, Middle, South and around again. One event in three near, one reachable, one might be to far. But 3 out 4 events are hopefully possible. The ideal has not been available for much of the time, of course). Could then be a bumper turn out with a few surprises.

My own attempt mentioned elsewhere has yet to reveal a positive answer, which I might have expected by now. Not looking so good. So all the more reason to welcome THe Hatton Garden job. Oh. no, that was a gem heist. I am getting over exited. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »

I hope your group can find time to get this commitment and date to the better media resources in time to be put into there date listings. Car and Crash it, The Autojumbler, Practical Classics and so on. Even Top Gear! This used to be a function of the old NMCR Committee

Go gently, Al.  The administrators do indeed do this (though have no control, of course, over the reaction of the magazines ...) and it's perhaps dangerous to encourage the specific organisers to do themselves (and perhaps differently) what the administrators will be doing.  Too much chance of conflict or omission.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »
Well whom so ever does it, it is timely with an earlier than usual announcement on date and venue, to get the date into the almanac listings, published and out there. That is the thrust of it. For a long time many Microcar Rallies have not been mentioned in these listings. These listings which people use to organise their years eventing from mid November onward. So for all those folks the Microcar events do not exist. Once they have booked a weekend up, they are going to be reluctant to loose good favour elsewhere and change venues to a late coming date. I do not make the rules up.

Clearly the principle benefit is to the ground organiser, so its in his interest to ensure it gets done, therefore netting him best response for his year's work. The only reason that can be an unpopular policy is because it has not been done. Reminds me of being Print Production Manager again. The best ones were always unpopular. In my experience 'You first, John' does not work as well as positive feedback. Still, its not up to me, so I will not be heckling folk anymore about it.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »
Oh what a shame ! ! Recently been informed that The National in 2015 will clash with Beaulieu . As usual I am committed to helping Mike Shepherd there . What a B  :-[