Author Topic: Isetta 3" plastic lensed rear light rubbers?  (Read 9426 times)

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
Re: Isetta 3" plastic lensed rear light rubbers?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »
Sorry. I meant to put that I do have a complete set of L488 lamps. I've corrected my original post

Basically I was in two minds as to the best thing to do, but I think I will go with the glass lenses if the rubbers aren't very easy to find.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 07:53:46 AM »
The flat rubber is only part of the rubber. There is a bit, with ribs (ask Richard?), that goes over the rear of the unit originally.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »
The ones in my pic , blow them up , are the only rubbers that I am aware of and could not accommodate any others . There is a rim to it that seats the lens
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »
My car had been retrofitted with some funky reversing lamps at some point in its lifetime (see pic). The conversion looked neatly done, with the lights located either side of the rear numberplate, and only someone very familiar with the marque would know they weren't standard items.
The lights are chrome plated, and I think they're cast from mazak (uck!).

The car had all the original rear light rubbers in place, only the lenses were absent. However, they had all gone hard and brittle so were useless.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:00:39 PM by AndyL »
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 09:40:31 AM »
I had a set of lights like that. I assumed they were Citroen. Nice styling.

Sorry Richard, to oblique there. I think some of your sales product range come ribbed, and even in flavours.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 09:57:55 AM »
 ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »
are the afore mentioned light rubber's standard Lucas ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 05:32:26 PM »
Which ones? Richard's sales stock are not. Very high quality though. The covers for the rear of the exposed plastic unit. I would guess they are. Such a rubber would not be needed if the unit was going into an internal, or protected void. I assume, therefore that it normally did mount into a void or the rubber would be all in one. Of course on the Isetta its very exposed.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Plasman the rubbers on my photo are definetly completely  standard backing rubbers marked Lucas L581
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:07:50 PM by richard »

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 09:42:40 PM »
The rubbers were twin part. The parts that covered the terminals on the underside were in fairly good nick, surprisingly.

Strange the way some rubbers react. The door rubber on my car had gone as hard as nails, it broke off in chunks like a fresh biscuit! Yet the window rubbers weren't too bad considering the way the car had been kept.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.