Author Topic: Heinkel engine tool wanted.  (Read 3270 times)

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
Heinkel engine tool wanted.
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
Hello all,
    I need to buy or borrow a tool for extracting the upper chaincase cog from a Heinkel 200cc engine. It's a threaded tool that looks to have an internal thread of about 30mm. Does anyone have one of these or know where I can get one. Does the Heinkel club sell them ? If so, I'll join. I also need a 200cc gasket set.      Regards, Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Heinkel engine tool wanted.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »
They had some old stock ones yonks ago. It is a particularly nasty little sod to shift. Very often previous owners have been in a mucked the thread up, which is very fine. That then destroys the puller. Interestingly the factory one has a very long length. I wondered if it was so you could removed a few mm of lost/damaged thread to get more use from it!

There is a way to get round having the tool. Not ideal, but it can be done. I have had to cut this gear off with a grinder before now as such a mess made it impossible to pull off and useless leaving it in situ.
Effectively you remove the chain from the gear, having undone the collar fasteners, and pull off the chaincase. There is just room to do this by spreading the chain round the edge of the top sprocket, having removed the bottom chain wheel. You may need heat to loosen the collar, which is a tight fit with no obvious place to lever it off. Be sure to have the LH thread nut loosened off, as you will be left with no leverage to lock from rotating later. With the chaincase off the trapped collar exposes enough of the top sprocket to get a three leg puller, or what you might have suitable, on it. It is on a taper with keyway. Wind on tension and then sharply tap the end of the puller baring on the shaft to brake the fit.
With the sprocket off you can remove the swivel with its interior bearing and oil seal.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
Now there is a level of involvement that I hope to be correctly grateful to be able to avoid.

I am still stuck with my Heinkel's cases split and shifter forks and shims/ washers spread out across my garage floor for the past two months, as I still haven't found a parts diagram/ instruction as to how to reassemble these parts that spew out of the case at the time of even the most tediously slow case splitting.

Can any one help me with this info please?

It is always good to know that we have Encyclopedia Hitchcock at our continuous disposal, but this one requires at least a diagram, and preferably a trick of the trade instruction, so to speak, accompanying it, to be actually enactable by my less experienced but very motivated hands. :P

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
Can any one help me with this info please?

Either the German Heinkel Club or the UK based Heinkel Trojan Club Ltd.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »
photo might help - I have a siba rota type puller don't know what it fit's . ( thin threaded nut with long inner screw T handle ) .

Alan