Author Topic: MESSERSCHMITT TG500 ON EBAY  (Read 3983 times)

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: MESSERSCHMITT TG500 ON EBAY
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
why ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:21:24 AM »
I was told this was going up for sale. There had been a priority buyer but that deal would appear to have not been maintained. Good car to consider if you want one that actually works. Known history too.
I have just loosely assembled my Tiger engine to see what is duplicate, and what is not there. Pretty good result as only a few awkward parts to find, I think. Makes a nice bit of Industrial Art on the Victorian hatbox for a bit. In the new year all the parts can be drawn together and a semi rolling shell be put together. Might sell it as it is, then. Then sort the other, ex Australian, one out!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
Never underestimate Al's capacity for understatement.
In this case the "Messerschmitt set" that unobtrusively appears in the sub script below his post is referring to 2 TGs!!! 8)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »
You do need the dark glasses at the moment, to see two. I have picked up bits over 20 years but importantly have the identities of the two cars. To me, that is the breakthrough. Applied to KR200 i have nearly double the number of whole cars owned. So lets not run before we can walk. One will be a reconstruction of a destroyed car. The other a rebuild from a bit of a mess. If it were a Powerdrive I would not bother..... Value has its effect. Back to the partial KR200, which would be rebuilds. Are they worth the completing. I do not know but at some point some more will be put to the market to see if there are takers. Most folk want complete, or near complete, cars and do not relish finding missing parts like a few of us. Indeed I think a small group actually prefer finding a set of bits from other peoples rubbish, to actually assembling them! A niche interest.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs