Author Topic: barnfinds in France  (Read 5253 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: barnfinds in France
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »
Great find. I wish the article said a bit more about the other cars as Ferraris don't interest me much!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:48:12 PM »
The actual Press Release with all the info is a PDF file:
http://www.artcurial.com/pdf/presse/2015/cp-Collection-Baillon-en.pdf
So auto blogs that are too lazy to extract the info are falling over themselves to post the few pics and info they can easily copy so they can get their page views.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
Thanks Jim, that is a bit more balanced and a bit less Ferrari-obsessed! One mention of the F name and some people loose all interest in other interesting cars.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »
These finds are always a bit sad, I feel. All those wonderful things left to go a bit moldy. Is the cup half full, or half empty? Certainly rack up earnings for the auction house.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
The only sad bit Alan, is that it wasn't me that found them. Sods law they were found near me. Maybe it's better if I don't know. I would sell of the Ferraris and get the Bugartti Type 57 on the road as a hack to go the shops in. Maybe an oily rag Lagonda would also be a nice thing to keep. There are so many large isolated old farms in this part of France with wrecks in. The only reason I found the 1955 Schmitt near us was because I was out driving a Schmitt and the farm owner flagged me down. If I wasn't driving the Schmitt the wreck would still be in the farm barn. We may be gettibng another KR soon, as one of Jonathans moped friends has just bought twenty motorbikes & mopeds from a deceased estate 20 km from here and he says there is a very good Schmitt with the hoard. I'll believe it when I see it.              Nick.   
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:58:36 AM »
Yes, that is also true. I got cut out of a clearance of some wonderful stuff by a greedy intermediary who could not handle the client effectively. If he had trusted me to honour my bunging him we would have been in there. Silly sod. Still it was not meant to be.
Dunno about you but I have really rather given up actively looking for microcars, yet they still seem to find me at a rate of about one every six months. I would also rather like a Baggy, and a LegHonda would suit me more than a Ferrari. It sneers, rather than puts two fingers up. Very British class system; yes I like that.
We need to be the respective Euro National Shed Inspectors, armed with the right to view the insides of all locked sheds, armed with our infra red key hole camera, and a Eurocratic wage of 140,000 euros, with incremental rise for total inefficiency in making due profitable returns to Brussels. All cars bought as proceeds are available from our friendly dealership in Monacco. The one with the bouncers.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs