Author Topic: POWERDRIVE  (Read 116092 times)

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
POWERDRIVE
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:24:44 PM »

HI MY NAME IS GARY AITKEN , AND AM NEW TO RUM CARS , DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT , A COMPLETE POWERDRIVE MK 3 FROM DOUG IVORY THE CAR IS PRETY MUCH COMPLETE AND RUNNING , BUT NEEDS LOTS OF BODYWORK ,THE REASON ,FOR MY POST IS SIMPLY TO WELCOME ANY INFORMATION , THAT ANY MEMBERS MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER, AS I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RARE CAR ,  FOR EXAMPLE THE CAR HAS THE LATER ROUNDED WINDSCREEN ,WHICH IS MISSING DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CAR IT WAS SOURCED FROM ALSO THE BUMPERS ARE STANDARD BUMPERS FROM A CAR UNKNOWN , ANY COMMENTS HELP ADVISE, ON PARTS OR ANYTHING ELSE ,AND INDEED ANY ENQUIRIES I MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER FOR ANYONE MANY THANKS GARY AITKEN

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: POWERDRIVE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 06:43:33 PM »
Ooh, the Reliant in the background looks much more interesting than that awful Powerdrive thing.
Weigh it in and get a Bond 875  ;D

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:14 PM »
THANKS FOR YOUR POSITIVE THOUGHTS SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE SPEAKING FROM EXPIRIANCE OF POWERDRIVE OWNERSHIP , YOU ARE RIGHT THE PIG MIGHT BE A BETTER PLACE TO PUT MY EFFORTS INTO   ;D BUT AS FOR THE BOND THEY DO TEND TO BREAK DOWN OR WAS IT JUST MY ONE  ?     ;) ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
Hi friend absolutely great to see the car !! This is what this forum has been missing , really obscure oddities , a HUGE welcome from me . Unfortunately on those two queries I am no help to you but bring on the queries ..... If you use the search function , top of the page , you will find out what we have discussed with regard to Powerdrives, Blue Star Garages and also the Coronet
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »
Try Standard 8 or 10 bumpers but no the Vanguard ones as they won't Fit like ?
Aye, tried a Powerdrive but the performance was poor and the fuel consumption high, especially when towing.  Nae chance of pullin the Microbar way that thing  ;D

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 07:47:53 PM »
AYE THE MICROBAR WILL HAVE TO GROW A COUPLE O FEET ANYWAY , WHEN YOU DAY USE A LOT OF FUEL IT WILL BE BETTER THAN THE VOYAGER  I HOPE ;)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 09:06:39 PM »
So what kind of extension where yeh thinking of ?, patio and decking perhaps  :)
Powerdrive in the microbar, now that would be a sight.....  On the plus side, more in door seating for wet rally nights.
The Voyager will be down to single figures towing that lot me thinks.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 10:34:24 PM »
 They've both got the Power. If ever a car would drive you to drink, it sounds like this....

*imitates an Excelsior twin trying to start on a cold morning.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:41:04 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 08:23:43 AM »
WELL IF IT DRIVES ME TO DRINK THAT WOULD BE GREAT ,ASSUMING IT MAKES I MAKE IT TO THE PUB  ,WITHOUT A BREAKDOWN  (the car not me ) :) :D >:

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »
Hi, Gary

That looks a very interesting car.  (I always think the Powerdrive looks well shaped and elegant - perhaps more sporty than its actual performance!)

Can I ask a favour, though?

It will be so much more pleasant for us to read your postings if you don't SHOUT all the time.  :)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:27 AM »
What a CAPITAL idea  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »
Dear Gary

If you contact Pilkington windscreens Sheppy Kent and give them the dimensions they require, they can probably tell you what car it came from. They are best with British cars, but also have a large knowledge of popular foreign cars screens as well.

Worth a try

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 10:13:08 AM »
He is only practicing for driving the car with a friend. Oh, what a rude lot we are. It has to be said the Powerdrive wins on styling. The elbow out of the door, windflicked hair of a nation of sporting gentlemen. Sadly the engine was not up to the image, or the blurb. I would be sorely tempted to create a subframe to hook onto to existing mountings and insert a modern 500 Bergman or something in here. I do not normally really agree with such things, but if the Powerdrive were to offer safe modern road classic performance, what a treat to own. Who could turn one away from an event. Its so unusual, but pretty with it. The only driving Powerdrive. Obviously one keeps the original engine safe to pass on with the car, when that time comes.
Are the Bumpers Standard? I know much of the front axle and steering is. So its a reasonable shout. Sadly not got Powerdrive in my reference book of Bumpers. You would be surprised at what fits what. I think the windscreen has been queried before. Do not remember an answer.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 10:34:30 AM »
Were they aluminium bodied?
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
OK am not shouting but its force of habit as I get older and my sights not what it was I write bigger and type bigger  8)thanks for the advise on the windscreen ,the body is aluminium the front suspension and brakes are a30 (the coronet used the standard10)  I think the bumpers could be standard 10 , by the way my friend has a coronet he is in the process of fitting a quad bike 400cc quad bike engine ,with reverse gear to  ::) so when he gets it on the road I hope he can keep up ;D