Author Topic: POWERDRIVE  (Read 116035 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: POWERDRIVE
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »
I know I won't be thanked for saying this but I feel someone must . I wonder at your continued interest Alan as there has to be very little that you have been involved in that you have good feelings about . Almost every subject you contribute to ends up in another of your private rants , talk about dirty washing ! Almost all those reading this know/ knew nothing of all this history , and personally I think I at least was better off before . :o.   Or am I wrong ?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:58:55 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »
> ... am I wrong? <

No.  I knew nothing of the background to the story - and still know nothing, through the fog.  It all seems a bit private to me - there must be others who, like me, haven't been here long, and don't know who or what is being referred to under "Trust", "website", "sheet"?  And who is "Dave"? - because it certainly is not I (who seem to be the only one appearing here as "Dave".)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »
By the way did anyone identify the Powerdrive windscreen for Gary ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 05:59:27 PM »
 This was Tony's Powerdrive, which is now with Ivan, taken May 2013 before heading North. These are the best views of the windscreen.  And in case anyone was wondering how far my involvements went with where this car went, I forwarded messages back & forth between Tony & interested parties, and I & my pal Steve Jones, delivered said Powerdrive to Yorkshire on 20th September 2013 in a hired luton when Tony, with the help of Malcolm Thomas, had to clear some lock-ups in double-quick time. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:02:06 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 07:09:43 PM »
An articulated Powerdrive, whatever next...!  ;D
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 08:12:47 PM »
Power articulated to Drive, perchance?

To answer questions asked and join the dots of info. Dave as in (Hambleton), Trojan (Museum) Trust (.org) - that's a website too -, Richard's friend and both of whom are part of the (Heinkel) Trojan Archive Trust, I believe, no website. The first is a mine of information with easy access, the second Trust has quite a lot of info too and a repository of new, unused or good second hand parts, stored at Dave's, at his expense. This, in case should anyone ever need to copy them, to make very accurate replacements for owners and enthusiasts. They have most of a car, but from what I understand, committee meetings of the three trustees have been a bit thin of late. Indeed Dave wondered if he had been forgotten about when we spoke of it a few weeks back. I said surely not. Not when he had been one of the talented line of Trienkel Club Magazine Editors, where he used to fill the pages with much more than just Treinkels, but including what was happening with his other cars. Or am I wrong?

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Great to have the pics Stuart . Not so hard to move I imagine by lunchtime you'd broken the back of it  ;) GROAN

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 10:31:26 PM »
 It nearly broke my finger at one point Richard.  ;)

And by popular demand (fanfare), the Groombridge/Hambleton Powerdrive in all its glory! New in 1958, traded in in 1960, traded in again in 1964 and then left in the Groombridge undergrowth for 28 years until October 1992 where we first see it, and then we view it in latter years in Scotland, now believed to be around 2009.   :) 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:44:45 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »
 And by further popular request, a few more views of the ex. Tony Marshall Powerdrive.  :)

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 10:42:25 PM »
 And one more for the adoring fans. You lucky people!  :-*

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »
This is great stuff ! Only wish I had the fun of being involved .The Groombridge car appears to have a curved windscreen then , and the Tony Marshall car a flat one - I know which one would be the easier to go for but I suppose it depends on the fittings Gary

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »
Those pictures make me weep! Days earlier when I went to look at it and made an offer it was still in tact before some pillock bent those gorgeous doors in half!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »
Wow, thanks Stuart - great pictures. I wonder if the windscreen frame just makes the screen look curved from some angles. Look at pic 032 of the Tony Marshall car.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2014, 09:17:06 AM »
My apologies to Grant. Dave straightened the body out a fair bit, some with my help. Most of the original damage was single bends and would have come out, though I would have used a panel beater for good finish. There exists pictures of it looking like a car! Indeed not unlike the TM car, but up on its backbone, despite no real chassis. These were needed to gain the registration document.
It seems the car got vandalized badly and gained double bends and stretched areas. I can see some of the original damage we pulled out has come straight back, which one would expect without a panel beater removing all the stress from the metal. Even today I am not sure who would take on such a project, since the finished car probably does not have a value that warrants the investment. Only the dedicated need apply.
A disappointing end to quite a task getting it out of the yard. I will attempt to lift the pics, or show them to Dave on Sat night, to set the record straight this end.
Must find out what happened to the other engine.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »
And by popular demand (fanfare), the Groombridge/Hambleton Powerdrive in all its glory!

That'd polish out! :o
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.