Author Topic: POWERDRIVE  (Read 116036 times)

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
Re: POWERDRIVE
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2015, 08:55:48 PM »
Thanks for that Malcom I contacted the d.v.l.a. via email and they seem to confirm what you have said so I will go to the post office my next day off and hope it's as simple as that and let you all know how it goes I have included photos of the car  as it is cheers everyone Gary

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2015, 10:47:30 PM »
The body looks great Gary, is that all the welding done?
I need to stop buying!

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2015, 05:11:01 AM »
Yes but we did uncover some horrors on the way and I am having to replace the boot lid with a new piece bu hope to have the body in primer early next year

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »
They do have great lines. With love even better lines!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »
Updates on 2 fronts the powerdrive is now road taxed . And it was easy er than I was dreading .thanks to all for there comments and guidance  here is the official answer as sent by the dvla which may help someone with this issue . Also a few updated photos of the powerdrive sporting it's new boot lid ., The taxation class Historic Vehicle applies to any vehicle constructed before 1st January 1975.

If the taxation class is not already shown as Historic Vehicle on the V5C for your vehicle you can apply in person at a Post Office® that deals with vehicle tax. The V5C must show a date of registration prior to the 01.01.1975.

If this is not recorded on the V5C but the vehicle was manufactured prior to this date you will need to produce dating evidence and submit the application to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1DZ.

Acceptable dating evidence can be obtained from:

• An extract from the manufacturer/factory record - these will have the chassis number of the vehicle against the month and year of production*

• An extract from the 'Glasses guide'- which is a comprehensive guide on production dates and includes chassis numbers

• If the vehicle has been imported and already registered, the original foreign registration certificate.

*A certified copy of the factory record (with the embedded stamp) will be acceptable only from the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust (BMIHT)

The keeper will need to write ‘Historic’ in the change to taxation class field in section 7 of the V5C and sign section 8.

An updated V5C will be returned within 4 weeks. If a V62 form is submitted a V5C will be returned within 6 weeks.

*Please note from 18th November 2012, vehicles manufactured before 1st January 1960 are exempt from the requirement to have a mandatory MOT test.

If your vehicle is manufactured before 1st January 1960 you will need to complete a V112 ‘Exemption from MOT Testing’ form.

The decision was announced by the Minister for transport following a Public Consultation in November 2011.

Please note it is the keeper or driver of the vehicle’s responsibility for ensuring the vehicle is in a road worthy condition and safe to be driven on the road.

More information on the historic vehicles taxation class can be found on information leaflet INF34 Taxing Historic Vehicles.

Form V62 can be downloaded from www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration-certificate-v5c-log-book or obtained from a Post Office® that deals with vehicle tax.

Form V10 can be downloaded from https://www.gov.uk/car-tax-disc-vehicle-licence-using-form-v10 or obtained from a Post Office® that deals with vehicle tax.

Form V112 can be downloaded from https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/vehicles-exempt-from-mot or obtained from a Post Office® that deals with vehicle tax.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »
Lovely big space you have to work in.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2016, 08:21:45 PM »
This made me smile . seems the powerdrive got its styling from an a35  ;D

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2016, 09:14:13 AM »
No longer 50 shades of grey  ;)  Powerdrive now in primer . topcoats won't go on till I have completed my planned  improvements which include relocating the battery to the front of the car ,which will allow me to relocate the fuel tank from behind the driver , also the steering column will be shortened by  6 inches .

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2016, 10:34:29 AM »
Fantastic quality of work!
Any pictures that show interim stages of your excellent repair of the previously agrieviously torn and riveted sections?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »
Of course we all know the Powerdrive rear vent went on to influence other stylists.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2016, 12:33:50 PM »
Topcoats of paint on now . battery now lives in the front of the car , steering shortened for clearance issues (my belly  ;D)  see the new petrol tank which will have an electric fuel pump to replace the gravity fed original starting to take shape but still plenty to do ,

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2016, 04:00:59 PM »
Keep this up and you could end up with a concourse winner.
What class would they put you in?

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2016, 10:21:22 PM »
Looks much better with the bootlid fitting great . After making it from scratch . The bonnet needs further work to fit correctly

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2016, 11:47:58 PM »
Looking really great. I think you'll be able to pretty much guarantee winning "best Powerdrive" at every event you attend
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2016, 10:46:06 PM »
Spot the difference  . 1 Year on  powerdrive restoration is progressing  well .