Author Topic: WORST RESTORATION VEHICLES  (Read 8174 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: WORST RESTORATION VEHICLES
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »
Is that an Acedes drop, Bob?

I want to know more about the bucket.

Bit worrying since there is no mobile toilet in this picture. Mind you restoring a vehicle from the wrong bits does include itself in worst restorations. There was I expecting a Tourette and I got the back of a Batmobil Ice Cream Van. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »
 Further proof it's not parts of another vehicle....  The 'quadrant' is actually one of the aluminum angle strips from the floor.   :)

To further understand why this is regarded as one of the more demanding restorations, is that the entire electric motor and every single connection, joint, bearing, nut, bolt, screw etc of EVERY component on the whole vehicle had all been complete and utterly dismantled right down to everything that could come apart, was apart. And then the entire jumble of bits had all been thrown into many boxes with no labels of any kind.  Not for nothing do Ian & I refer to this one as the "Jigsaw" Solocar. In fact the pictures you see here were taken several weeks into the rebuild with Ian working full eight-hour days on it...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:16:58 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 11:32:52 PM »
 ;D Well I guess I should have gone to spec savers!