Author Topic: Vincent three wheeler  (Read 8717 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Vincent three wheeler
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 12:09:26 PM »
That is true. By having crossplys the grip is never really to much on most of the Microcars, Most do not offer sporty handling either, not part of the original idea. But a Schmitt will three wheel drift if you have gained the feel of it. Rather than braking you can loose the speed by some drift. Perhaps not a game to play if you have a £15k plus car representing a major investment, but there we are. Put the same cars in radials with added grip and this form of fun is lost as the tyres outperform the car in many cases. which will suit those who do not want to drive like a loony. Nutters have other diversions like lawn mower racing, karting and even cabbage fields to entertain themselves. Time was.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
Re: Vincent three wheeler
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
Nutters have other diversions like lawn mower racing, karting and even cabbage fields to entertain themselves.

My work takes me out into the wilds of Northumberland where gritters are unknown, so I have winter tyres on my car.  They offer unbelievably good straight line wet grip but poor wet cornering grip.  So driving fast-ish on winter tyres in the wet is another thing that us nutters can do.  Surprisingly, it doesn't seem to cause much wear - not for the lack of trying....