Author Topic: 1949 Bond A just sold  (Read 5434 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
1949 Bond A just sold
« on: December 12, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
WOW ! £4,156 great project but top price ( I think  :-\ ) Malc reckoned it was a major project but it was a simple one actually . Body already done and there isn't much else to it . I was going to bid up to £1,600 so i could buy replicate some parts for mine i.e. roof rails , hood, gearchange rod and bits but it soon got well above that . If the buyer is by any chance on the forum I do have a set of formers to replicate the missing front grill so can help out .....
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
Re: 1949 Bond A just sold
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 10:12:11 PM »
Hi Richard I would be interested in the formers also as my truck is missing its front grill
Amazing price for it that's hope it stays in this country
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 12:58:27 AM »
Still think it needs a lot of money to do it right.
£800 for prep and good spray(150 for the paint, hardener and thinners alone)
£400 for re trim of the seat
£600 for hood and side screens
£150 for tyres and tubes
£200+on the engine
Maybe £500 on all the rest.
Thats £2650 plus the 4k+ for the purchase.
Still £6500 for a good mark A is not bad!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 08:37:36 AM »
Sorry Malc didn't mean to to disagree but it would be generally straightforward I think . Isn't the cost frightening much better to never add it up  ;) at least not in front of management . I have had the seats and engine done and there's no argument there . Gary your grill do you have top rail and bottom licence plate box ? Just slats you need ?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:32:24 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 06:52:31 PM »
Hi Richard no the bottom box is missing and the top rail is a mess also you said you may be able to help out with the lights as I have one shell but nothing else any way I will contact you after Christmas and see what we can do many thanks
I am right in assuming the top of the Bond A has had the aluminium renewed from the screen to the engine axle mounting as it is rather difficult to see on the ebay photos
Also what is the piece that is on the shell in the last photo
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »
> Also what is the piece that is on the shell in the last photo <

The zigzag chunk?  It's the bulkhead (curved top) then floor of the petrol tank area, then the sloping part of the floor, where your feet go.

In other pics, the bulkhead seems to be in place, so I'm not sure whether it's been replaced, with original as spare?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:38:56 PM by DaveMiller »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 01:40:22 AM »
Yes that's the one Dave , this was being sold by Jim Hackings son I think as it was his car. He had a fabricating company I think , all that part was renewed as were the two pieces of the seat back . I guess the originals were there for reference - there an awful lot of holes to be drilled !! I have formers and patterns for all the front - grill and top and bottom . I also have headlights which are due on eBay shortly . I think the ones in the ebay Bond look incorrect ? We must talk gary

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 08:22:04 AM »
Bit different to the prices I got. Virtually no one was interested then, which is why I was happy to sell to a BOC member, who took three. He was then banned for buying them, from I could make out. Damned foreigner, don't you know. I got banned for supplying to a BOC member. Thus all his and my future Bonds were put outside the Pale and out of BOC control. I wonder if more interesting prices might bring back such cars from the cold. Its a funny old world.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 05:07:52 PM »
GREAT NEWS ! I have been contacted by new owner - via the vendor , whom I messaged , and the forum . The buyer is UK and a Micro man whose been off the scene for a while , hopefully we can be of help to each other and get a couple of those sets of front louvres made at the same time . Couldn't be more chuffed  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »
There i nothing like an opening a slot to make louvres. Grilliant!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs