Author Topic: 13 Ligiers on eBay  (Read 62080 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: 13 Ligiers on eBay
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »
 Sounds a little bit dodgy to me anyway and surely not of benefit to a seller . Of course if such a thing was now to go underground and off forum and onto pm's we might never know if it's there or not 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2015, 11:23:39 AM »
I didn't realize that you Europeans had it so good.
Myself, and an average worker here, take off just Christmas and New Years day, and a half day on their eves.
I will hope to be put in contact with an old timer at Ligier Microcar who could properly judge what  the JS 4 or 6's transmission could properly handle in terms of the power out put of their more modern and powerful micro car power plants.
It would also be good to get an identification of the transmission type in the band of 13, as we do not yet know if they were swapped out when they were converted to electric power.

I have also never heard of the concept of an auction ring, or if it  being an illegal practice.
Otherwise I'd say count me in.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2015, 11:32:29 AM »
I'm not talking about ringing, or anything illegal. It's not even trying to keep the price down. It's to try and avoid what happened with these cars, it's about being organised and a few interested people clubbing together to buy job lots, not single cars.

I will give you an example right now.
I know of a chap who wishes to sell his fathers collection of 4 x Isetta, 2 x Reliant Ants, 1 x Reliant Regal and something that looks strange on the photos I've seen that maybe a Cushman, also spares and odds and sods.
Now the chap knows the price he wants, which seems fair if the cars are as good as they seem in the photos.
I have the money to purchase them all, I have the storage space to keep them all and I could probably organise the logistics to collect them all from here in Norway. I would prefer to look at them first but not home till 15th January.
I actually don't want all the cars, I would have 1-2 of the Isettas and 1 if not both the Ants.
The chap won't sell individually though.
So what I'm talking about is not just pulling financial resources but logistics etc.
I'm a lone wolf when it comes to purchasing cars also but I'm now starting to realise that pulling resources may reap me more benefits in the future rather than being a lone wolf!
I need to stop buying!

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
Following on from my last post, I don't want to buy all the cars, sit on them and sell them off bit by bit and make a nice profit, as has been suggested by someone previously.
I'm not a dealer, I'm not in the micro car scene to make money. I Have a business in Norway to run, so don't have the time or patience to start car dealing.
Also like the chap who is selling now, he has inherited these cars from his fathers estate, has no interest in them what so ever and does not want to pay the monthly rent on the storage so wants them gone now! Working in Norway for 28 days I cannot commit to viewing cars, so could miss out.
I need to stop buying!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »
Elsewhere Barry is surely suggesting that converting some of the 13 back to Derbi would be a lot of effort . Surely not ? And as Bob suggests could be a lot easier than importing one ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2015, 07:28:04 PM »
A buying pool. Most folk have certain interests. So to work it would have to be a list of the potentially interested with ready capital. Any multi-deal would then have to be notified so that those interested in that/those marques can pool resources. Its a possibility, but would need to be co ordinated by some one/thing. I have suggested such a thing under a RUM umbrella in the passed. The reaction seemed to place this outside RUM's comfort zone, fair comment. The idea still has legs.

As I understood it, the electric conversion was running into the standard vario drive system. That being the case one assumes a Derbi engine would bolt back in. On finding out the vario drive system used and the location of the engine you would find what range of alternatives would fit simply. Anything well fit if you want it to, its degree of difficulty. So like Bob I was thinking an easy, reasonable conversion to ICE with V5C already listed. Only prob, that is not a machine I can use, hence I am out. So far no one has really looked at these cars with a view of actually getting into this, but merely that its cheap enough to be bothered doing something with them. So we still have Steve M exposed as the only interested party who seems to be a bit more deeply committed to these cars as a live project, rather than a bargain snapped up while the going was good. Makes life a tad tricky. Not sure what to suggest.
Yes Christmas has got a bit silly over here. But it does mean that workers have to use some holiday up when the otherwise might hold it for the better times of year. I think our working contracts give much more holiday than is common in the USA as well. In many EEC countries the working week is longer, though, to compensate. I know our workers are amongst the hardest working in terms of hours. (Do the include Indian child workers etc?).
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »
Would still love to know if one of their much more recent 505cc 21 h.p. petrol twins would fit and work well in concert with the belt drive transmissions fitted.
Because the engine sits amidships under the seat, I do not think the extra weight of a bigger engine would be significantly detrimental to ride or handling.
The extra width of the bigger twin does not look like it would become a problem either.
However, someone would need to measure the height required and available, as well as evaluate the best location for the small radiator.  But with the improvement of the efficiency of electric fans over the years, this last concern does not seem likely to be a game ender.

Barry's example is in the museum.  Any one up there have a tape measure handy?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2015, 06:28:18 PM »
Sorry to dig up an old thread but they are back on eBay , the owner contacted me again and said dvla have given him some log books for most of the cars costing him another £210 quid , he's wife has got the ump and given him 2 weeks to get rid of them , have a look on the link http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281577303400?nav=SEARCH

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2015, 07:24:44 PM »
Dear Steve

I have heard the same story from my contact at the Battery Vehicle Society.

paul arnett ( ziggy45_5@hotmail.com) says "micro cars have to be moved asIi have no storage in two weeks time, so if you are interested to buy any please contact me asap."

Sounds like he needs some help.

Chris Thomas

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »
so the original group never sold?  or is there just this one now?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2015, 08:08:04 PM »
Yes they sold on eBay and the new owner is trying to sell them on now to make a profit , it sounds like it's been really hard work so far

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2015, 08:13:32 PM »
They scrubbed up well didnt they!
Perhaps a fresh opportunity for the two Steves.

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2015, 08:33:46 PM »
Not for me , I've completly lost interest in them from the amount of effort I put in to buy one and to me they are just not worth it , but someone will get excited and pick one up

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »
They are not going to clear in 2 weeks. Sell the wife!  It was ever thus.
I fear everyone has rather last interest, as its an old stick bunged once to often. Wide open for anyone who wants one.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2015, 10:40:21 PM »
Well the roof didn't scrub up very well  ;) so we appear to have one of the worse ones I think , with no paperwork . Not a good idea at all to try and sell one when the photos show there are more to be had , is it ? Perhaps the neighbours will chip in just to see the back of them  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:47:45 PM by richard »