Author Topic: 13 Ligiers on eBay  (Read 61871 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: 13 Ligiers on eBay
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »
No rumour the ad is there . Look ligier electric find the ad then - other items for sale ? And there's your Enfield
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
Not really enough takers at the moment. Bob has spotted the probs. There does seem to be a need for speed in removal. If a group were to buy I would suggest 2 each, a good and a bad one for 6 peeps and one for the pot. Clearly someone would have to control the trade. Nearest is best. I certainly could do it, but I would not, as I do not think all would find it acceptable for various reasons, plus I do not trade anymore. This could look like trading. Such a group should be free of any stress and be sure fair terms are to be had. It would seem sense to then swap the parts needed between the buyers to get 6 runners, before then attempting to complete the secondary cars, some of which would pass on into the wider market or to make one out of two, possibly in the group.
The Enfield is an attractive machine. As standard they were early on the scene and suffered from a restricted range. Not a prob to all. I would think some modern technology might improve the performance. If I lived in a more urban area I would be very tempted, as I quite like the styling, though it gets a bit square at the rear. Had a few over the years and I believe I hold a manual for them. Remember to add the cost of nine, I think, batteries. Eight locomotion, one reserve and functions. Quite a lot of money.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »
Sounds interesting and will follow with interest but space would be a problem for me - good luck all  :) timings not bad as quite a few of the workers will be getting a few days off next week
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
I wonder if it is part of the cunning plan to clear all the cars together. If your away from home a lot, these weekends become a bit sacrosanct, I imagine. Nice not to have to be anywhere.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 10:53:58 AM »
I'm in contact with the seller via eBay and trying to get there tonight to see how bad the cars are , is there any information you lot are after or certain pictures ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
Well there is/was clearly other cars there. Might be a 50's Special.

More to the point is to estimate how many of these cars are complete and likely to run again as relatively simple jobs. My guess is of those interested most will not be after a tricky job. Straightening roofs out will be a game, for instance. The glass being flat is a help.
I am not really up on the power these would have had originally, if ICE. If there is a cone drive there is a possibility that other motive power might fit in reasonably simply. That offers a different way forward and might suit some. Stuart would seem to have found that if the number of each car is known then the car can get itself registered reasonably simply. Need to know the numbers to do that. They might not all have that. Then there might be paper records with them. Might find out what buys them.

For Enfield fanciers its really important that the front screen is good. It does not look to horrible to me but the screen could be its value in extremis.

Wish I could go too. Looks like an interesting place.

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »
Ok cool I'm going at 530 armed with a camera

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »
Prospective buyers also need to bare in mind a set of batteries would cost about £1000.  Cheaper to fit an engine I guess.  If all 13 cars have a full set of old batteries, the scrap value is likely to be about £800.  With that in mind the cars may well be for nothing!  People are bidding though so some of them may well be scrap merchants.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »
 As far as I can make out from the photos, the Cambridge 13 are all 1984-86 Ligier JS6's, which would have all been fitted with 49cc, 9hp Derbi two-stroke engines. I think it was only later versions that had the 325cc diesel option. According to my papers, their vital statistics are; 1974mm long, 1280mm wide and 1434mm tall. Or 6ft 5" long, 4ft 2.5" wide and 4ft 8.5" tall in proper measurements. 

If you can get a list of all visible reg numbers, I can advice on presence of V5's. Also, armed with said numbers I can often come up with further background history...  It might also be worth poking about a bit if you can, just in case the original engines are all sat on a pallet somewhere. Also, is the Enfield bonnet anywhere? I'm itching to know what the low old thing with spoked wheel & big brake drum is in one pic and that front wing with headlight that's poking into a couple of other pics as well. Basically, do what I would & take photos of EVERYTHING everywhere!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
Hang on a mo ! Stuart you can't have it both ways !  Is .50 a proper measurement , I think not . Hang on to the lowest common denominator and please use the fraction 1/2 . That's all for now from pedants corner  :)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 04:24:32 PM »
Decimal inches are a perfectly legitimate unit of measurement.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
 Plus it's slightly less confusing for the casual quick reader than writing out 6ft 5" long, 4ft 2 1/2" wide and 4ft 8 1/2" tall. Or is that just me? Methinks the rarely-used-these-days poll button might get an airing....   ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »
Possibly in your world Bob but I am old fashioned and have never used the phrase .5 of an inch in which case it gets very confusing when stating 1/16th of an inch in decimal just for example , doesn't it ?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 08:28:50 PM »
Right just got back , bad news on photos flash wouldn't work , the car was a raliegh car , most of the cars seem pretty good just really dirty but theres about 4 real pigs , no battery's I could see , the worst part is Actually getting the cars out of the barn , it's down a dirt track with loads of mud , wheels seem seized and they are bloody heavy , the bloke said his had a few cash offers but wants the auction to run , I don't want to put to much info on so if any wants to know more pm me

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 10:51:45 PM »
Am I wrong or is it just the adventure of it all ? Hmmm I have begun to suspect that if only one such vehicle in sort of condition was on eBay requiring £1000 worth of batteries or a transplant perhaps it might have barely raised an eyebrow ? It's possibly worth thinking on that before bidding - but then again the thrill of being involved in a coup hmmm