Author Topic: 13 Ligiers on eBay  (Read 61874 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: 13 Ligiers on eBay
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2014, 12:58:16 PM »
If these 13 cars were originally fitted with the Derbi ( roughly meaning derived from bicycles I think )  :) 50cc engines would anyone put one back in ? And which would be correct and or fit ? Any pics ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2014, 01:34:46 PM »
JS6 had a Derbi type D 50 L

3.69 kW at 5,800 rpm

Compression 12.5:1 (ouch)

Top speed 45 km/h

More details available, if anyone is interested in Sans Permis (bit of a change going on?)

Ligier still exist as a company I think and I am told they are very helpful with any questions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:42:16 PM by Barry »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2014, 02:08:53 PM »
Any pics at all ? And what is sans permis ? in that context , a site ? Thanks
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »
Pity the Derbi is not used on various garden tools and such. It would be a Ligier Donkey Derbi with 10 or more in one place.  Nah ha! ;D

Perhaps its time for a RUMcar News Sans Permis Special Suppliment at a cover value.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »
And what is sans permis ? in that context , a site ? Thanks

French for "without permit" or "no registration required".

aka French Fridges for teens and others without a license.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2014, 03:00:19 PM »
Ah, that thwarting devil, punctuation!

I'm guessing that Richard had read Barry's posting as I had, to mean:
> More details available (if anyone is interested) in "Sans Permis" <

In other words, if anyone is interested, they can get more details in Sans Permis - and, like me, Richard wondered what "Sans Permis" was, that it would have more details in it, on the Ligier.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2014, 03:02:35 PM »
No Jim I do know what sans permis means . Barry said more details in sans permis - in a book or brochure or a website or what ? Thanks Dave we clashed with postings  :) I think you put it better than me - it's not hard  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:05:10 PM by richard »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »
Better than being a Thwart Hog?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2014, 06:16:22 PM »

Ligier still exist as a company I think and I am told they are very helpful with any questions.
It has been a week since I sent them my questions about compatibility with some of their larger, more modern power plants, with no answer yet.  :-[
Anyone have a better French connection?

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »
Blimey, Steve - surely you can't expect any answer THIS week. Once you include office parties and the inclusion of odd days between public holidays, much of Europe stops work around the 23rd of December, and (this year) will resume around the 5th of January.

You haven't necessarily been ignored, yet!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2015, 02:38:54 AM »
Exactly like myself off since 23rd and back on the 5th most of the country this year it seems . After the holiday there will be a largish backlog to sort as well

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2015, 09:09:01 AM »
So much talk regarding forming a group to purchase this lot of cars, unfortunately the forum members were not able to band together in a timely manner to place a bid on what look like a bargain buy.

So here is my thoughts, would any forum members be interested in forming a purchasing group? Something as simple as just getting names together, share E-mail addresses with each other, phone numbers and locations. If this was to go ahead we could even appoint the bidder/negotiator, transport organiser etc.
The team may only be called upon once a year, or once every other year but at least the details are known up front of who is interested and at what commitment level, so that when vehicles do come up we are ready to pounce!

I will throw my hat into the ring and express my interest .
I need to stop buying!

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2015, 09:13:53 AM »
Hi Steve, the guys are correct, we deal with steel mills in France, some shut down Friday 19th December, to open Monday 5th January, so don't expect an answer for a few days after that even up to a week.
Likewise many companies in France shut down for the whole of August.
I need to stop buying!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2015, 10:13:39 AM »
I would be surprised if they are forth coming at all. I would imagine they will be solely occupied with selling new cars and helping someone with advice about engine conversions on something most of them may not even remember is in my view fanciful. Hope I'm wrong.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2015, 10:24:26 AM »
So much talk regarding forming a group to purchase this lot of cars, unfortunately the forum members were not able to band together in a timely manner to place a bid on what look like a bargain buy.

So here is my thoughts, would any forum members be interested in forming a purchasing group? Something as simple as just getting names together, share E-mail addresses with each other, phone numbers and locations. If this was to go ahead we could even appoint the bidder/negotiator, transport organiser etc.
The team may only be called upon once a year, or once every other year but at least the details are known up front of who is interested and at what commitment level, so that when vehicles do come up we are ready to pounce!

I will throw my hat into the ring and express my interest .

Its an idea but one thing worth remembering is that a group of individual buyers clubbing together to buy at auction with a view to keeping the price down [otherwise know as a RING] is illegal in the UK.  Not everyone understands the law or agrees with it but it comes under fraud. I know dealers in my field who have been prosecuted for it.
That's just auctions though. Your idea could work with cars on the open market. Most of us are lone wolves though when it comes to our purchasing.