Author Topic: Drink drive  (Read 3160 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Drink drive
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:56:20 PM »
Half way through my lonely pub meal tonight , amidst loads of Christmas partying bah humbug , I suddenly remembered the new drink drive limits brought in this month in Scotland and had to not finish my pint . Crikey it is very limiting , not arguing the rights and wrongs here , I can only imagine the sharp increase in pub closures now that the working man cannot call in for one on the way home . .5 or possibly .75 of a pint next time for me it broke my heart to leave nearly 0.5 of a pint of Deuchars behind
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Drink drive
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »
0.5?  you mean 1/2 a pint?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »
Offhand I don't recall the actual new Scottish limit , easily googled , but depending on the drinker it is widely purported to me less than 1.00000 of an imperial pint  :) as our beers are served by the half pint and pint basically it will be the former for a driver . As I say I don't argue the wrongs and rights it is just much more limiting than we are used to. I believe the main concern to be the residuals the morning after .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:56 AM »
It is sometimes easier just not to drink and drive. It always tastes better when you cannot have more. Probably mind games, but annoying, and a temptation. Its a good point, though. It might well catch a few out, where as it is the serial offenders who are really worrying. They will not moderate their habit. Sadly a trip to the pub is now a special occasion for me. I used to be in 5 days of a week when I was younger.

Of course with all the useless gadgets on cars these days, a breath test starter might be a good idea. I guess folk would gib at a blood test including DNA so you car cannot be nicked. Big Brother.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:34 AM »
I too am rarely in a pub but have active social life with drink being taken , sometimes liberally , usually with a concert or dinner . A pint or a small wine has always been the limit - not now ! In Scotland anyway