Author Topic: Spot welding.  (Read 15476 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Spot welding.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 05:57:14 PM »
often wondered if you picked up the Dunkley from Jean , you never said  ;) screen surround looks excellent
I did thanks Richard though it turned out not to be a Dunkley but a Mercury Hermes, not so interesting but very rare all the same. The appeal of a Dunkley would have been the incredibly rare own four stroke motor. Yours and Jeans efforts to retrieve it for me were much appreciated all the same.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »
Great stuff!
Cheers Mike.   Will we be rallying with it this summer I wonder?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 07:02:07 PM »
Looks really good Bob

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 12:56:56 PM »
My smug feeling was soon overturned this morning when I found flakes of primer coming off in my hands! Apparently the panel wipe I had used on the bare metal is meant to be left for at least 30 minutes before painting. Of course I'm always in a hurry and left it about five! Result is the primer pops.  Spent this morning rubbing it all off again and this time used no chemical wipe down, just a scratch up with some emery and this time used an etch primer. Wont be making that mistake again.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
Perhaps you shouldn't have bought the wipes off that " tacky " website  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 08:17:25 PM »
Didnt buy any wipes, it was a 5 litre can of the fluid from Battlesbridge autojumble. The product is fine, its just the twit using it! ;D  Still, the frame support pillars were successfully painted today in 2k Fiat monza rossa. Same colour as my Motobi Catria seen hear. My favorite shade of red. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:19:37 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 08:25:28 PM »
beautifull - i didnt dare but peep to see if you were clothed in the reflection  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2015, 08:29:02 PM »
Ha!   Funny enough it was Barry lee who took that photo and I'm sure he was fully clothed!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »
screen pillars and frame now painted. Used 1k acrylic. Now I'm going to leave it for at least two weeks to gas off and harden before fitting it.