Author Topic: AK400  (Read 6028 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
AK400
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:46:54 PM »
The AK400 is much more of a restoration project.

It's a runner and has been in regular use up to now, but only locally. Chassis is very good, but the body's very tired, needs floors and sills, rear skirt, driver's door (supplied) and a genral tidy up. The good news is all the stuff at the front is the same as 2CV saloon, and all the van-specific bits are available and not too pricey. Restored AKs go for silly money these days. Will take £500 for it as it is, can deliver to Portsmouth at cost.

Oh yes! Its more of a micro than most, and more useful, yet cheaper. No Legier here. I thank you.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:34:00 PM by Jim Janecek »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: AK400
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
sorry Bob I accidentally modified your post and deleted the contents!
- Jim
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:37:50 PM by Jim Janecek »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 05:09:47 PM »
AK400 ? What is that ? Knowing Al it could just be a spoof ? Okay it got the better of me, there's one on eBay and they are rather nice 2cv vans . What is al talking about though ? Is he offering ? Has he for sale ? Has he seen for sale ?  What's Portsmouth got to do with anything ?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:30:23 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 05:55:27 PM »
Seems the images will not take. They have got as far as being clipped to the entry now.

No idea if this is on eBay. Not looking for cars really, despite a lot of interesting stuff coming up masked by utter junk. It came to my notice, as you read it, via my contacts system. Its cheap as chips, so why would you not buy it.

My comment to you is in italics. Effectively, is one of those Ligier as good as this, as they would end up being near the same bought in price, home for a good one? The AK400 would easily win the resale battle by a factor of possibly threefold, sorted out, both. It wins in most other categories too. Just shows it is easy to be seduced into making rash decisions.

The original message rather falls apart without the pics, though. There is an Accadian there too, for £2,000, in nice order. But the AK400 is much more interesting, I think.  Besides, driving one of these restored, is to miss the point. They suit a certain state of decrepitude. It should be no surprise to find a couple of calves being transported in the back, or something.

Pompey is where it arrives in Britain having been driven on to the Ferry.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »
I removed the 2 "images" that AL uploaded as they are not images, but links to a Photobucket web page. (?)
Took a bit of detective work to figure that out.  I also accidentally modified and deleted Bob's post, but nothing of value was lost I don't think. I extend my deepest apologies.

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/eastway82/library/?sort=3&page=1

I believe the white Citroen truckette is what AL is referring to.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 06:53:45 PM »
Can't say I like that  :(  is it micro?

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 07:06:34 PM »
A nerd writes....

The AK400 was the pukka 2CV van (fourgonette).   The Photobucket pictures are of an Acadiane, the Diane front/2CV van rear combination that replaced the AK400.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 10:36:05 PM »
sorry Bob I accidentally modified your post and deleted the contents!
- Jim
No problem, as you said later nothing of value was lost, most would agree there is very little value in any of my posts!  ;D

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 12:25:54 AM »
A nerd writes....

The AK400 was the pukka 2CV van (fourgonette).   The Photobucket pictures are of an Acadiane, the Diane front/2CV van rear combination that replaced the AK400.
It's not that obvious, but there are two different vans in the same album.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 09:16:06 AM »

I really like both the 2CV and Diana versions but have to agree with Mike, they may be microcars/vans on paper because of their low capacity engines but dimension wise there is not much micro about them.  I would like to own one though.

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/utilities/2cv-camionnette/2cvan.html

Nice page here about them

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »

To me, on rules, yes it is. Engine size, date, originality and minimalism. It is more a classic microcar than IC, French Fridges, Electrics, kits and a raft of incomplete or prototype cars seen here. But, equally, no, as is quite large, was successful, and the people that own them, drive them regularly. I have to add that many are modified and there are fakes, but that now seems to be OK in microcars, so kind of gets phased out as a reason is/isn't.

If Indeed it were a Microcar, it would be one of the cheaper ones! Interesting eh?

Now to me this represents far better value as an oddity, transport, interesting thing to own and use, than most micros at their, now, heightened values. Many other Light cars, for this is my definition of such machines, are beginning to compete hard on value with Microcars, just as the definition has spread to embrace a wider range of vehicles. Just around here Andrew would love to own a Messerschmitt. Cannot afford it, or most Microcars. He is seduced by the BX, but its not quite the image to suit, I fear. But he is seriously interested in a 2CV. They can be got at an affordable price and nailed together, have street cred and be used. There is an active scene and events. How many potential younger car nuts are just passing Microcars by, who might have formed that much needed group of new active owners. For what ever reasons, for good or ill, Microcars have priced themselves out of that beginners market. Conversely it is easy for a micronaut to buy into Light cars and give them extended usage being that bit more capable than the Microcars. So a pressure to move to Light cars and not use the micros. That has been happening for some years, as rally attendances of vehicle types arriving in what mode of transportation is looked at, for evidence.
What will be, will be. On balance an AK400 is no microcar. Its probably better at the moment. An observation. 

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 10:25:04 AM »
Would my Minicomtesse fit inside it?  ::)