Author Topic: Willam fourgonette  (Read 5959 times)

Steed

• Just Starting
Willam fourgonette
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:08:15 PM »
Hi we live in West Sussex and have just got a nice little Willam fourgonette and we are trying to find out more info on it, we understand that the braking system is fiat 500 and engine is lambretta? Will any other engine fit? We will be taking to shows do also we trying to make a info board can any one help please

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Willam fourgonette
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »
Ducati 250 twin was an option on the cars. Goes very well, but I have no idea where you get an engine, as it is not a bike unit, I think. Looks more like a marine or generator unit. The Lambretta unit works OK but its not really offering enough performance to prevent hassling from nurks who cannot overtake. Brits just are not trained to deal with puddle jumpers. The 250cc is normally governed to about 42 mph but would go faster. I think the Walkers freed theirs up, as it burned off most of the Microcars at Weston Park.

I am sure another engine would go in, but depends what you want to do with the vehicle. The reason they are governed is the, eer, handling. It does not really have much in standard form. So if you hot it up paint dice numbers on it and hope it is not a six!

Could always buy my Crayford Commutacar and have the top of the range version, which is British, of course. Hey ho.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
Very early Willams may have had a traditional looking Lambretta engine.

Yours was almost certainly fitted with a 125cc single cylinder BCB engine (Ducati)

You need to get Scootashaun to respond or send him a message via the forum.  He has put one of these through MOT, and registration for UK roads.
I have an Italian version Lawil 250cc. Berlina.  The engine is almost identical BCB but with an extra cylinder at the front.
Due to marrying-up with transmission I would suggest you stick with the original 125cc (slow) or find a 250cc BCB from Italy.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
Crayford has a Ducati which is a V twin 250cc aircooled unit. It has a proper gearbox. The 125cc I thrashed round Cambridgeshire was a twist and go. Sounds like different engines to these. I assume they are later machines?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

just willam

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:38:07 AM »
Hello I am local to you and have two Willams if you would like to get in touch both of mine are 125cc bcb engines

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »
this is RUM doing what its best at  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

just willam

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
yes RUM is very good at getting like minded people in touch with each other (are we mad or is it just the others ?)

Steed

• Just Starting
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 05:03:19 PM »
Willam fourgonette van will not start got spark got fuel but still will not fire cleaned carb out as was blocked

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 10:30:49 PM »
Willam fourgonette van will not start got spark got fuel but still will not fire cleaned carb out as was blocked

Have you tried easi start straight in the carb mouth?
Although you have cleaned the carb, the choke plunger may not be opening enough.
They are also prone to the little black rubber bit dropping out of the plunger and blocking the choke jet.
You will see the plunger operate, but if the rubber bit is not attached, the choke wont work.
Also 2 strokes like killing spark plugs, good spark on the outside of engine, screw them back in and they wont go.
Worth trying another plug.
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

Steed

• Just Starting
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 09:01:57 PM »
Tried that and still not firing got spark got fuel got compression but still won't go has been dry stored for years  also the. Fuel is fresh

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 11:29:09 PM »
Brand new spark plug - that's what worked on my Lawil