Author Topic: A Bond drove by today !  (Read 63424 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: A Bond drove by !
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 03:02:47 PM »
How do you do that then Barry ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
Richard

I talked about a microcar register of photos a long while ago.
No one was really interested and some were very worried about identity theft and all sorts of skulduggery.
I was hoping to dig a few photos up out of the closet (contributors archives), ones that had not been seen before.

Some said you just have to look them up on Google if you need to find a picture..................

I just collect photos of microcars and file them with the registration number where possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xiu9h6x7qbtfdqh/AAAZW1TFPepeQu-RyeT4qnYaa?dl=0

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 06:27:40 PM »
 If the data files of cars is to be private in the RUMcar files then publishing pictures of the cars rather breaches that ideal. That is an observation as the pictures, once published are open to anyone, and if placed so, belong to Facebook etc. who can sell the image and information for money if they so wish.

Having pictures of cars out of control is a worry. Especially if the ID info is included. You can gain a lot of info from that.

Not only that cars get cloned. One of my Schmitts has now gained a clone, to the extent a request has been made for the bodyshell only this week! I am not sure if that is a threat, or a inducement to trade. This is dangerous now values have risen and fakes are in the marketplace.

Another innocent activity that is effected by the modern worlds rush towards I am not sure what.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 06:36:10 PM »
I think we were both had, there, Richard. Doubting the truth of it, I went straight to my copy, too - no, Bonds are not named, registered or numbered there!
Sorry, guilty as charged.  VON was one of many very well known Bonds that seemed to have disappeared off the 'scene' in recent years.  Use to appear regularly at BOC rallies and in Bond Info.
Was most recently owned by a Forum member a few years ago but seems to have gone to ground now.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 06:44:20 PM »
The VONdee on holiday? Maybe not.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 08:13:23 PM »
Here is the said Bond, taken a couple of years ago with a couple of well known 'Bonders'.  Any one recognise them  ;)

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
Ah yes, our Grenville & Joyce

See VON in the seventies, originally brought to the Bond fraternity by Paul Grogan in about 1971 when he saw it in a Birmingham college car park in Acocks Green, he found the owner, £25 changed hands and club member Simon Temple (not Templar Richard) took her on and was used regularly. Note to Malcolm, Simon's other half Sue bought another D shortly after, reg. no. SUK 470

Plas man, is that your CDC to the left??
7 x Bond Minicars ABCCDDF

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 09:28:44 PM »
CDC90C, another Bond that has gone to ground in recent years.  A rather quick G twin Tourer.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 04:09:55 PM »
Originally restored and owned by Doug Felton from Chorely.  Brush painted in red enamel which was still wearing when I last seen it a few years ago.  Bob Cotton owned it before Dave McNeice.

that's the one good old Doug , retired to St Annes , mind you VON looks beter on (nuff sed !)  :o

Alan

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 04:16:10 PM »
Here is the said Bond, taken a couple of years ago with a couple of well known 'Bonders'.  Any one recognise them  ;)

the orser bar was one on Doug's , I told him to remove the chain - ether he did or not - next thing I heard he seized the gear box , it illegal by the way - because you have 2 points of articulation - unless you are a member of showman's guild and restricted to 10 mph !

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 04:25:03 PM »
CDC90C, another Bond that has gone to ground in recent years.  A rather quick G twin Tourer.
my old green G Twin - best thing was getting rid - do it still flex and doors pop open ? Dropped the con rod descending Stainmoor into Bowes (A66) nasty mess , bought new from Blue Bell garage Middlesbrough 1965 (not by me) all Teesside club went to see it , Took the concors at Shenstone (Reliant Club) with CDC 90C and that caused a lot of wowh arrs !

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 07:54:13 PM »
sees its a Bond thread ....
sorry about photo quality but digital snaps from photo album .

1. CDC 90C at Shenstone with afore mentioned trophy's
2. 90C with bit of shine in the way of spoiler (under No plate - all the go at the time) this could have been reason  for crank/snapped con rod near Bowes Moor hotel (A66) was down hill in the upper 60's !

3. needs no introduction . Chatteris 78/9 ? Edit .. could be Southport Lancshire Microcar Club - one & only rally ?

4. The man from Chorley driving .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:05:27 PM by plas man »

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »
Great photos. Got to admit the idea of putting a front spoiler onto a Minicar is not one that I'd have thought of - I guess it helped counter the lift from the badge bar.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »
Brilliant pictures Alan. CDC looks very smart indeed and little wonder it took the concours at the Rolly rally.  Same colour as my G Tourer, EPV330D.
Seem to think CDC suffered from a fatigued front wheel on a down hill stretch when owned by Bob Meadows and did some serious damage to the underside.  Was painted red and white then.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 08:57:33 PM »
This is one thing I love about the Bond Club and indeed some other micros . Many , if not most , of the cars that are still around have "history " there are photographs  articles and indeed past owners still around . Many of the cars now at rallies have been owned by some of the other current members - lovely . Unfortunately neither of mine have a known history - they will just have to get out there and make some ! NTC 553 MK A LHD Metallic Green and AHF 763C MK G Estate White any history please ?  Funny Grant that's the only G Tourer that I have noticed that was not C reg , not aware of first production date , were there many B's and D's in the club ?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:19:48 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977