Author Topic: A Bond drove by today !  (Read 63408 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: A Bond drove by !
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2015, 11:17:16 PM »
stans letter 9/06/09 said that mine "was currently the youngest known twin estate in the club " either stans info was incorrect or he didnt have DTP details on file or as I see Stan was doing his usual trick  ;) once it's not in the club he appears to scrub it off  :) very confusing if he actually really knew it was still around
That will be correct.  I bought DTP in July 2009 just before I drove down to Jean's open day and then on to the BOC rally on the Isle of Man in my ratty twin estate.
Thought I was buying a 4T engine (wanted to carry spare barrels and pistons, just in case.......) and then the seller offered me a complete car to save him removing the engine, bizarre.

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 11:24:08 PM »

During the seventies a Bond friend was very keen on gathering all the data he could on the Bonds that were around. I have grouped together a few notable Tourers here from his records, I am sure most of us know that 'P' is 1964 followed by the month (eg 10 + October) therefore Q is 1965 etc. See attached

Oops, so EPV was actually built in October 64, presumably just in advance of the model launch in the November at the motorcycle show.  The supplying dealer must have been very disappointed...........
What do the not so obvious columns in the chart refer to ?.  Hood colour ?

Yes, the second colour is the hood, club membership number, eg, status, country etc.

Just looked at the factory records for EPV, 'C Green' it says, it was road tested on 17th October 1964 and I looked to see if the factory may have held on to it but there is no indication, so maybe there was a disappointed dealer. Remember though the Tourer was an economy model and one intention of the manufacturer was to get potential customers into the showroom when they would try and flog them something a bit more up market, still doesn't explain in excess of 14 months hanging around though.
7 x Bond Minicars ABCCDDF

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 11:25:37 PM »
did you pay more or less for taking the whole car though  ;D ;D ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »
Brilliant pictures Alan. CDC looks very smart indeed and little wonder it took the concours at the Rolly rally.  Same colour as my G Tourer, EPV330D.
Seem to think CDC suffered from a fatigued front wheel on a down hill stretch when owned by Bob Meadows and did some serious damage to the underside.  Was painted red and white then.

Continuing on from Richard's comment, I remember EPV at Chatteris in about 1975, the first time I recall it was a Dulux job in orange and then the following year in green. An Ipswich Bond as was the then owners location, ie Ian Hall. Pleased to know it is still with us.

Similarly, a G Twin Estate at Chatteris had a fatigued front wheel rim which bent the floor up as the detached wheel went under, I have attached a picture of that very Bond, remember it Alan??
don't recognise the car above , talking of G tourers mine was D reg will post picky , also any photos of LDC 831 (Mk F)  would be most welcome  . You'll know it if you've a photo  ;D

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »
don't recognise the car above , talking of G tourers mine was D reg will post picky , also any photos of LDC 831 (Mk F)  would be most welcome  . You'll know it if you've a photo  ;D
Another D reg G Tourer, sounds interesting.  Only picture I have ever seen of LDC831 was on the cover of Bond Info a few years ago.  Slightly modified I seem to remember  ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 09:30:11 PM »
Where are those pics plas man  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »
Where are those pics plas man  :)
soz' got held up with hospital visits and more visiting , looking through photo albums came across the family one and - you know the rest ...
will post the photo of the tourer soon , it did Chatteris a few times with the trailer on .

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
Another picture to identify whilst Plas man looks for his G Tourer pics.  Richard originally spotted the one Bond, well here are four.  Any ideas where and when ???

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
great shot but far too long ago for me . would that be Juliette Johnson on the right ? And possibly Nick Mander back right with an F i dont know ? BP  and Transit both looking UK
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:50:15 PM by richard »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
Another picture to identify whilst Plas man looks for his G Tourer pics.  Richard originally spotted the one Bond, well here are four.  Any ideas where and when ???

Pulled up the colour a bit

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2015, 08:25:27 PM »
The BP logo suggests after 1989, before 2000?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »
i see we have a new forum member tonight Geoff Bond E - welcome  :) any ideas on this one ?

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2015, 11:00:41 PM »

Remember this one, yes Dave it is 1986 Morecambe, the first one since 1967, here goes with more anorak stuff.

762 MAR - yellow G Saloon, Trevor Chitty
669 KKJ - green F Tourer, Stan the man
269 HBF - maroon G Estate, Grenville Taylor
VJG 452 - red F Saloon, Nick Mander (well done Richard!)

7 x Bond Minicars ABCCDDF

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2015, 04:32:29 AM »

Remember this one, yes Dave it is 1986 Morecambe

Ah, in that case the letters "BP" were upright, rather than italic, as I had thought! (Bit difficult to see, in that pic  :)  )
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:13:05 AM by DaveMiller »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2015, 12:49:39 PM »
OOPS ! Very sorry Juliette ! And indeed Grenville ooer  :-[