Author Topic: micro cars in auction  (Read 18168 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: micro cars in auction
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
Hey Chris,
Would it be OK if the thread got back to its original point of interest?
I'd still love to see pics and info related to the cars for sale even though I will not be bidding.
Can someone please post these or a link to same? :)

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »
Steve: see the thread started on 31 December, with similar subject http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=4727.msg38017#msg38017

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 12:21:26 PM »
Thanks guys.
I just took the tour.
Good thing that I'm not going, as I might be tempted to remortgage the house for another Scootacar ...no joke! :-\
I guess that identifies me as a true Microaholic.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 01:26:18 PM »
I am surprised to see the Scootacars for sale. Mind you he has kept the cream back in his favourite Bond tourer, Zundapp, Schmitt, and Trojan, at least. I am certain only the need to lubricate a change in lifestyle is seeing these cars being sold. As such I would expect a reasonably healthy reserve on some lots, as there are other options open to the vendor. So do not turn up expecting a bargain of  lifetime. That said I think they are genuinely for sale and not a few kites being flown.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 01:41:06 PM »
Dear me al , with friends like you he doesn't need enemies  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »
OK. Take a long winter journey and go to the sale and pick a total bargain car in a low reserve auction, as the guy is selling stuff off. Its is, utter crap/flippable/underpriced/really good stuff, depending on who you are, and if your buying or selling, of course. Everyone will have a great time, get a total bargain, yet the seller will make more than he dreamed possible. If you wait to the end of the auction some geezer will be knocking out five loaves and a couple of spratts to the same effect, free  :o.

I accept you do not care if the seller is to remain an active Microcar enthusiast, as your only interested in his stash. Suffice it to say he has a better car collection than I do, but I will not list what he has in its entirety. Who gives a dumpkin why he is selling, as long as 'I' get my bargain  ;).

Is that better? Will that improve the auction experience over pointing out that if you expect these cars below market value, I would not waste time in going? Is a room full of underfunded anoraks going to aid the auction process for serious punters?  :P

Personally I am pleased he is keeping some microcars in his collection. At least he actually cherishes them and drives them! He will be sad to see them go. He did not create the collection to make money, this is near 40 years experience and effort to get some good cars together, because he likes them  8).

This is also available in ironed braille on Conqueror hammer embossed paper and on Betemax video .
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:34:24 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »
Golly there are some very angry and grumpy people on the the forum this New Year    :) also some that never notice that a smiley face makes a VERY different meaning for a posting .
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:10:50 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 10:15:17 AM »
I like that 1926 Chummy.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »
Indeed, smilies added.

Ooo eck, the distraction of other machinery. I like the Lotus, but is it genuine? The Elan, likewise.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »
I like the small Lotus's too. Wasn't fond of their later output e.g. esprit, eclat etc. The elise was a return to form, although far less practical than an original Elan or Elan+2.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
I see the two Scootacars made over £50,000 between them. :o
Anybody on here bought them?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »
Oh, that is pleasing for the seller. I was seriously concerned at the wisdom of timing and a regional sales room.

Seems prices are up. A Goggo saloon with naffed engine looking shiny, but wrong, went for £5,300, so about £5,750 by the time you got home. That is half what I paid for the Bianchina. Cannot be right, or the Bianchina was cheap.
Doubt if I will bother with a Goggo, if that is the price. Nice cars, got all the bits, but the Fiat has a better market place, cheaper spares and is a DHC. Means I can sell a lot of spares stashed away just keeping parts for the two Darts (on that showing £20k cars - I doubt it).

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 06:41:51 PM »
Oh, that is pleasing for the seller. I was seriously concerned at the wisdom of timing and a regional sales room.

Anglian Auctions were claiming this was the largest classic car auction in the UK with over 300 entries.  Attendance was around 3K people !!.
Most Microcars sold at sensible prices and spot on current market trends.  Nobel £7K, Bond MkF project £1K, replica P50, not such a good investment at £6.8K, T60 ex. John Lee 3.2K, Scootacar Mk2  21K, Scootacar Mk1 27K  all plus commission.
Despite all the discussion here there was little sightings of Forum members, or did I just not see you in the crowd  ;D

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »

Despite all the discussion here there was little sightings of Forum members, or did I just not see you in the crowd  ;D

did you really attend?!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar