Author Topic: Norsjo  (Read 4115 times)

chavattov

• retro pierro
  • Occasional
  • retro-pierro scooter & microcars
Norsjo
« on: January 17, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »
here on youtube i found  a Norsjo for sale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcB-ka_kgN8&feature=youtu.be

nice drive, and nice top cover ;)  isn't it?
pierrick
inter 175a, frisky sport, reyonnah, scootacar

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Norsjo
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 05:24:02 PM »
Looks in much better condition than the description Al has given on his one (can't remember seeing any photos from Al).

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:42:26 PM »
Wonderful. I didnt even know the front opened up like that on these.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:40:41 AM »
Its not a Norsjo. Its built under licence and has a Puch engine. In many ways it differs. So it is its own thing, as a Vellem Isetta is to a BMW Isetta. No idea if that is why it has a high looking value. To rich for me, anyway. But I have had one, so less motivation.

Actually it looks extraordinarily similar to 'my' car. Same horrible colour and all. 'My' version is probably unique as it looks like the only British specification one, has its correct V5C and was a demonstrator. That marks it as at least unusual. Unlike half the Sachs Autos, the engine works perfectly, as it has not been owned by a gymboid at sometime, and it has that all important reverse. I actually describe things accurately, unlike some, so, yes, it might sound worse than it is. Two people agreed with my valuation and one of them now owns it after the other thought better given his circumstances, a choice I cannot but agree with, sadly.

I think time will tell that those who missed this car will kick themselves in just the same way as they did when Type 70's were a few hundred quid. Root is besieged with folk, including previously IC haters, now attempting to buy in at £500. To late.

Mind you uplift is not the only reason for buying. Like the Type 70 the Norsjo stands out from its class competition, in my opinion, as it is actually fun to drive and well made, out performing the opposition. Sadly a Norsja does not fit into my new collection, where is a Type 70 possibly does. You cannot keep everything.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 01:17:50 PM »
Dear Al

Do we have proof that the MEGU was built under licence from Norsjo? I agree it looks so similar you could well be right. I have not as yet found any link between the two companies.

I would be interested to see the link.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 05:23:31 PM »
I would say the fact that if they nicked the design, there would be a court case, easier to find. Norsjo would have used Puch engines, why? They used local Husqvana, then offered the Sachs as an option before going to Sachs for all engines. The logical situation is a licence to the extent I would want proof there was not.
There is hints of similar production made in Argentina and possibly Mexico, I think it was. However I am not the guy who is researching this subject. I am reacting to what I have had, read and see.
But your right, I have no proof either way. As a collector, I would still be looking at the Austrian versions as a separate thing to be sought out and bought, and for me, that is what matters.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 10:15:15 AM »
Not seeming to be finding a buyer, it is now in German eBay.