Author Topic: Mini Microcars  (Read 4724 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Mini Microcars
« on: January 31, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
For over 50 years of my motoring life I have owned 100+ vehicles. All of these have gone now. I don't go anywhere now so don't own a car. Looking back to my younger days I had many models of Dinky toys etc.  I thought it would be nice to have a collection of as many models of the vehicles I owned including microcars/threewheelers. This is a list of microcars I owned and wondered if any of you guys in the know can tell me which models/toys were or still are being made.  AC Petite, Bond Mk C, FlipperII, Flipper Donky, Frisky Family 3, Frisky Sport, Goggomobile T300, Isetta 300, Lambro Truck, Messerschmitt KR200, X2 Peel P50, Reliant Mk2, Reliant Mk3, Reliant Mk6, Scootacar Mk1, Scootacar Mk11 And lastly Tourette. Thanks. Rob.   
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Mini Microcars
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »
here is a good time-waster for a subject such as this:
http://microcarmuseum.com/toys/index.html

while not specifically labeled and organized for your viewing pleasure, you can get a pretty good idea of what other models might be available or were available for a wide variety of microcars and 3-wheelers.

Graham's microcarmodels website is still up too:
http://www.microcarmodels.co.uk/MainFrames07/Showcase07fr.htm

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »
For KR200 and Isetta, I would look for the Revell 1/18th scale diecast models. These were extremely accurate renditions, but prices seem to be quite high now for boxed originals.

I think Revell reissued the Isetta, but I don't know about the KR200.

For some of the other models, I think it will be a case of either having to scratchbuild or look for some very rare items indeed.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 09:50:20 PM »
Well spot on Friskies and Isettas , corgi Heinkels and new die cast Bond kits also turn up regularly on eBay but some of these others can cost several hundred pounds each - depends on what your after . I would think Petites right out of the question
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:52:58 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 11:18:29 PM »
I think the same would apply to finding a model Tourette.
Nice idea though, to have a model of all the cars you have ever owned.
I guess you commission one off's of the rare ones.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 12:46:27 AM »
Hope you've got deep pockets. Commisioning custom models is very expensive.

If you have some 3D CAD chops you could model them in a virtual environment and have them printed at shapeways.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 09:16:53 AM »
or take up model making as a hobby.

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 11:50:05 AM »
I am just building a two colour 3D printer for my son and anything can be made from a photo. 1250 parts and its giving me headaches.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »
Should have stated toy models that have or are being made in tin, lead etc. I have no interest in plastic modeling or commissioning as I could carve the ones not manufactured out of wood being a carpenter many moons ago. I have found some models on ebay that need restoration so I may go that way.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »
If you're able to make your own, then it won't cost much other than time to build.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.