Author Topic: Another Inter Torpedo?  (Read 6658 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Another Inter Torpedo?
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »
 One for you Bob; Just had an email drop into my inbox about what looks like another Inter Torpedo having "just sold via the Swiss Rollermobil Club site".....   Is it really a real Torpedo or a Berline with the roof missing?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Another Inter Torpedo?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »
Its a Berline with the canopy missing. I was offered it but picked up my emails too late and it was sold to a collector in Poland who already has another Inter before I even read the email. I would have bought it if I had been quicker! The front wings are interesting although I dont like them. It may look like someone has made them as a quick fix for a pair of missing correct ones that turn with the wheels but there are actually three cars with these type wings on the register so we assume it was yet another factory experiment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:49:37 PM by Bob Purton »

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »
yes, this inter , is one of the actually 4 registred with same flat fenders, and 3/4 with a hand painted park number on the nose ... see in my INTER's page on Fbook (https://www.facebook.com/AutoscooterInterSncan)  .
some retired men from SNCAN confirmed  me that they used some inter inside the factories ....
one of them talked about a green model for inside postal delivery .... ( could be this one ... )

about its new owner ... and how he got it  ( some depitied microcar fan wrote sad jalous versions !)
the first- owner , i know him since 2008 when we prepared our Bisbi national rally, 1st edition , Inter special guest star ,and he gave us for the show .( we exposed 5 inters  over the 20 registred at that time ).
we also exposed the superb green one ,  i missed in 2002 !
when we left the inter' home, i ask the oldman " one day ,if it's for sale, call me !!^^"
last thursday he called me for the inter selling... as i've got mine now, and as i can't  imagine storing them by pair  ... i sent an unique email to most of my microcars friends, able to buy it, intersted in , or just for info for those who were still owners .(yes i did this email some minutes after , because of a lot of emails returned with '" too many recipenders" ... )
the quickest ,has been Wojciech, from poland(, i met in Wholen swiss rally) , and as i keep my word, he has been in contact with the owner , paid it and came on last sunday to pick it up .
some of you answered me about  the inter, and stay on the waiting list in case of ... no fake auction, no best offers ..... and no sale on commission for me !!
some blamed me to have sold rare micorcar  out of france .... yes, i should have expected not .... but i rather prefer a new owner wherever he lives that will restore and drive a vehicule, than one of those numerous frenchies, that try to get lowest price,  store and sell one day in foreign countries ....... ( with value  !). and don't we buy some foreign vehicules too??
knows that Wojciech, works for repro parts for inter and still have made such high quality parts ; complete bitube muffler, front seat, and nose logo ...
on the same principle, a Rovin D3 will be in germany that weekend ...
thank you for reading ..
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »
The active and visible folk get first info. That is as it should be. More chance of an accurate restoration and being seen about the place.
The reason I get less cars now is I am less active and visible. I do not make the situations to know about things. So everyone else gets more chances.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »
Thanks Jean-do for the update.
I take it I am the " depitied microcar fan who wrote sad jealous version !"   :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D
Remember,  who it was that didnt buy the Inter you now own because they knew that you wanted it! Give me some credit  ;D
 I also spoke to Wojoech when he was asking my help about restoration issues with his other Inter and he does strike me as the kind of chap who gets things restored and done so thats good. Mind you so am I but I guess I will never be forgiven for selling my first car to BW!
Its good to know that Inters are still showing up though.
Its interesting what you say about "Fenchies" wanting to just buy and store away so as to capitalize on their investment later on with no intention of restoring or using the cars. That exactly whats happening here in roast beefland too.
Keep up the good work mon ami.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:30:37 AM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 10:24:26 AM »
Being restored in Poland won't be a problem as he will be able to get a couple of brickies to lay a new roof  ;D auf wiedersien pet
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:26:04 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 10:33:37 AM »
Could that be the answer to you getting your cars restored Richard?

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 12:46:59 PM »
hi bob, you was not" targetted" in that post .. don't worry, and i do remember my lucky day !...
as i say .... when you grow up in collection and friends, happens circles around you
the first close one to you ( in that case a seller ) are  brother , old good friends .... ( a phone call and the object is sold )..... then second circle , that is listed   with friends, and same addiction's friends ....( a few  email or phone call ... ) then the third circle , when all of the two first circles let the object pass by ; that is website announces or la vie de l'auto magazine  .....for all poeple in the world !
and now since 5 years , the 4 th circle , often took as the first circle , that is auction ,( RM, ARTCURIAL) that let all the world in starting blocks for the D day , and better value for the seller !, ( that  have, that day, no  more friends !! )....

that's life !
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 02:16:40 PM »
Ha! We have a saying here, "if the cap fits , wear it!"  As I was jealous, then it applied to me. :)
Maybe I will get the next one?  Best wishes.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
And that's how I became Dyslexic Man 'If the cape fits....wear your underpants over your trousers!' Grammer Boy and I patrol Libraries and Publishers in our armour plated Flipper.  :o ;D
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 08:53:18 PM »
I was sent some photo's tonight of the Inter bought recently by my Polish friend, the one I wanted [darn it!!]

I'm always banging on about the differences and constant development of the cars during there short production and this one which is rumoured to be the one used as a mail delivery car at the SNCAN works has some unique features. MOst prominently the rubber compression type suspension on the rear swing arm, my guess is they tired of replacing the neiman rings and went for something more permanent. Here is the photo. Is this similar to what you have on the Bruetsch Richard?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:59:50 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »
hmmm , firstly I dont like to get things cross threaded but you invited me in on this , its probably not very similar but its not really enough to tell - this is what i still need and i have good technical drawings but who could make them up ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:20 PM »
It looks to me to just be a block of rubber under compression.