Author Topic: Pewter Chroming  (Read 9822 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Pewter Chroming
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »
great stuff !! why on earth anyone feels like criticising is quite beyond me
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
Your not wrong about time taken making stuff. I have to laugh when you hear 'that will be easy to make. It very rarely is. Of course there is a big difference between low volume enthusiast made answers to parts and productionised answers to parts. This has to be recognised. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »
Where is the criticism, or did I miss that?
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »
So correct Big Al, I am on the 4th mould for the chain case gaiter. I was lucky enough to find a company that the owner took time to help me design the last mould for the dipping process. Like I said before the Frisky owners understand the time it takes to make these parts.
1958 FriskySport

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
That takes me back. I used to work, indeed first job, in a chemist suppliers. They held a patent on making pumice stone..... Anyway another thing they did was small mouldings. So once I had cracked my initial task as packer and mail out bod I began to run these automatic machines. I ended up running two injection moulders and one dipper, all automatic. So I would sorts a few parcels, run to the moulding room, check the machines and sort, run back and so on, all day. I bet the dip moulding is much the same process I was in charge of, though not quite as complex as that shown. The problem was that the material had to cure for some weeks before it was fully flexible. To early and fresh, it would shear across the stress points. Now that might be a materials issue. In Chemist products many things have a short life expectancy, as they are more expensive to clean, than replace with another sterile packed new one. So cost was important. Apparently it is the latex, or flexible element of these moulding rubbers, that is significantly more expensive than the bulk of the material. So there is an endless attempt to reduce the latex element to keep the cost down. Not alot of people know dat. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 10:54:57 PM »
I have received my sample H&G badges back from having them chrome plated. Painted one with red medical grade epoxy paint. Now to let it cure and then ship to Mr. Meadows for the Frisky approval!!!
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
That really looks beautiful - well done !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 12:08:36 AM »
Pewterful!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 08:21:58 AM »
The badge collectors will be getting excited, too.

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 10:01:45 PM »
Today I finished applying the red epoxy to the 24 Meadows H&G badges. Most likely the only time you will see this man together!
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 04:46:21 PM »
;D