Author Topic: washers and wipers  (Read 12251 times)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
Re: washers and wipers
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 09:24:37 AM »
Top job , can a washer jet be mounted on the wiper some how ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 09:41:41 AM »
Lovely job  :) had something like it on the Mark A Bonds . Never saw the problem with a chrome standard washer jet , it's what all cars were fitted with on production or soon after  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »
Looks like it belongs, Lovely job.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 01:29:02 PM »
nice job  8) - patent office next ? - unless you borrowed the idea  :o 

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 01:41:25 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement chaps. That wiper kit was supplied by a boat chandlers but came with a straight blade. I had to make adaptations to fit a tex curved blade to it but all worked out fine. Its kind of appropriate really as the screen is also from a boat!
I could attach a plastic hose and jet to the wiper arm but to do that I would either have to drill a hole in the dash plinth and screen frame or else have the hose in full view coming from under the dash, around the frame side and onto the wiper arm. I think a tiny chrome bonnet mounted jet is less obtrusive personally. Both surviving original Progress cars have the chrome jet albeit retro fitted so I'm going for that.

One problem I hit was that most of the sellers of the jets dont mention the hose size so I ended up with a 3mm jet and 4mm hose and washer kit. Overcome this by finding a reducer connector on ebay.  Job now remaining to getting the car out of the garden! Anyone got a crane? ;D

http://www.asap-supplies.com/marine/manual-hand-operated-windscreen-wipers/hand-operated-manual-windscreen-wiper-kit-717001
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:44:03 PM by Bob Purton »

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »
That's the same as I done with the reducer , if it's man power you need to get it out the garden I will help

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »
What a pa-lava!
Just thought I would take ten minutes off work this afternoon to fit the jet. Two unanticipated hurdles to overcome. One, the body shell thickness is particularly thick where I chose to locate the jet so the threaded section barely showed through to get the nut on. Two, the nozzle came through so that its tight up against the edge of the plywood body stiffener. Got there eventually with the aid of my trusty miniture sanding drum on Drimel.
Isnt it often the same, the tiny jobs can take hours! ::)

Thanks for the offer of manpower Steve. I decided to build a frame to bolt to the chassis so I can tip the car up sideways and with wheels attached at 90 degrees to the frame roll her down the side way nice and slowly. Screen removed first of course. Will this project ever end? Its only taken 8 years! ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »
That's nothing Bob  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977