Author Topic: Schmitt farming  (Read 2990 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Schmitt farming
« on: February 26, 2015, 02:23:04 PM »
This gets weirder. Also worryingly moving towards the virtual Microcar Rally, which I can see being really popular with rather a lot of people, now the cars are a bit more than a couple of quid.

I have no idea what the Farming simulator is all about. Indeed I rather hate to think, being a country person. Anyway more strangeness to entertain you as other than being told about an car we cannot buy nothing seems to be going on. My mates are doing a better job than you lot!

http://youtu.be/SuAFnIGKLbA
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Schmitt farming
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
Hmmm, I got half way through that clip and realized I had wasted five minutes of my life.  A narrator that cannot pronounce Messerschmitt and doesn't know its country of origin.
I agree Al, its a bit worrying and even more so that I watched it.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
Saved myself the bother Bob  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »
Here's another computer mod of a not English I guess mezzerschmitt car type thing. If you've got an otherwise useless tg 500 body and you're very small and good with thrust vectoring or photoshop its an idea.

http://www.marcovanoverbeeke.nl/256389/5404141/gallery/hoverschmitt-5000
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:05:57 AM »
I wish some video makers would do a little planning and practice, then put their brains into gear so that they don't prattle away without getting anywhere!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:31:04 AM »
But in their own minds they have. That is the sad part about it. But think of the savings. We can go to Mars in virtual reality, explore, and it will cost a couple of quid, while our world is consumed all up and ends up a globule version of Easter Island because we left escape to late. Nice coffin though.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 10:00:43 AM »
Al, the worst example I have seen was a YT video sent to me by a young customer who wanted to know my opinion of it.

It was a US drummer taking SEVEN minutes to describe his "new discovery" that if you place a piece of cloth or paper on a snare drum it muffles the tone. This "new discovery" was used by Ringo and George Martin on the Beatles' "White Album" of 1968, and virtually every record in the 1970s and 1980s.

My customer is young and a bassist, and as this is not currently a "fashionable" sound affect he is forgiven for not knowing it, but the drummer in the video is middle aged and really should know that he is grossly over-stating the bleeding obvious!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »
Was that the white hankey of surrender formally seen flying from a drumstick leading to the Beatle's album being called the 'White Album'? Is it the same one you can put over a drum machine so people do not use it. Like a dust sheet over a microcar. Is it now stained red from the bleeding obvious? If a picture paints a thousand words why can't a blood tainted bogey?  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »
Well there's no answer to that is there. Its put me off my lunch though! :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »
I could offer the history from the wipe out of the Beatles till today in a 'blow by blow' account?  :o ;D

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 03:40:20 PM »
That snot funny  ;D ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.