Author Topic: Clarkson in trouble AGAIN!  (Read 9810 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Clarkson in trouble AGAIN!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 08:05:40 AM »
Last night I was driving back to Smokey on the A2. Just after accelrating away from the Kidbrook junction, where 3 lanes go down to two all was fine until I suddenly noticed a hot hatch back with super-load exhaust, alloy wheels, ultra-low profile tyres, blacked out windows and blue LED lights all over it. The driver was going flat out trying to overtake me and the car to my right, even though was clearly no way he could do it as his lane was disappearing fast, and the car in the outside lane was moving towards me at a steady pace. He had to slam on the brakes, ha!

I was still surprised at the amount of noise coming from his car, it sounded like Brands Hatch on superbike day. After a while boy-racer had his chance and sped off at about 90 mph (50 mph limit) and was zig-zagging across the road to pass other vehicles. After he passed me seven other hot hatches, all equally kitted up and equally noisy all followed, clearly in a racing convoy, and clearly all using low gear as much as possible to maximise the noise. Noise which was drowning out my CD, with my windows shut, and which was making my car shake and vibrate. As I came down the hill towards the Greenwich exit they were already up by the O2 about 1 1/2 miles ahead, and their din and vibration was still noticeable.

Boy racers existed long before JC and TG, but I think this sort of laddish programme glorifies, popularises ad justifies laddish behaviour, disrespect for the law and other road users, and anti-social and highly dangerous behaviour. Each of these cars probably had at least £20,000 spent on all the tweaks and mods. What's fine (arguably) on a TV show is absolutely wrong on UK's crowded roads. I think JC is sometimes funny and interesting, but for a huge number of lads and laddettes who do not have the intelligence or maturity to appreciate the difference between a TV "entertainment" show and real life roads, JC and TG are a dreadful influence and promoter of dangerous driving.

There was no sign of any police of course, they are too busy threatening 4 year old girls for cycling slowly on the pavement.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »
Cars aside Clarkson is a bully , a chauvinist , bigot and much more besides - everything I do not like but a lot of others have time for . I do not think anyone would challenge my assumptions , indeed I guess Clarkson himself would be proud of such an epitaph
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 09:19:04 AM »
He has developed his persona in response to encouragement from fools. He now acts up to his own stereo-type.
He is reasonably bright and informed, some of his war programmes were really quite good, shame that on TG he has come to believe his own "character" and has become obsessed with his own importance. He does not seem to realise that huge chunks of TG's audience think it is fine to copy their "heroes" activities on public roads. Top Gear and jeremy Clarkson into Room 101 FORTHWITH !

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 09:40:37 AM »
Totally agree with all said with the exception of scootashaun and Ali point about John Prescott who in my view only displayed a knee-jerk reaction to being physically attacked himself.
I fear that if Clarkson gets the push from the BBC he will resurface on ITV  even cockier.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 09:59:55 AM »
And if he had been a Rugby player, would have been red carded. This was an election for people to run a country, not a rabble, which is what we got! Anyway the illustration serves its purpose. If the one is wrong, so is the other.

Clarkson is not going to go away, unless he chooses to take over TG Australia, or something, thus side-lining the BBC and keeping his franchise very intact.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 10:20:41 AM »
But a little more forgiveable in my opinion.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 10:48:09 AM »
Cars aside Clarkson is a bully , a chauvinist , bigot and much more besides - everything I do not like but a lot of others have time for . I do not think anyone would challenge my assumptions , indeed I guess Clarkson himself would be proud of such an epitaph

Well said.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »

Well said.

If it wasn't, I would smash yer face in!         Ah, eer, yeees. Jolly well said old chap. ;D
There is a bit of a list of poor roll models, sadly.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 05:10:01 PM »
as i said a thuggish bully , it appears he and others had been in the bar and arrived two hours late for their tea and the hotel had shut up shop  :D

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/clarkson-told-colleague-lose-job-220953643.html?vp=1
https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson-says-he-expects-to-be-sacked--very-soon--–-daily-tv-round-up-101523982.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:14:11 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 05:41:24 PM »
Clarksnot's last word on suspension:

"That's the bouncy bit which holds the wheels on".

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 02:23:10 PM »
Here you are Bob. Spred the word.
http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/sack-jeremy-clarkson         I've signed it because I think Clarkson is a tw-t. The sooner they get another presenter the better. I much prefer the classic car show with Quentin Wilson and that chick.

Nick may have spoken too soon. I didnt see it but am told that Wilson was being very rude about bubblecars in a recent episode about the mini. Its obvious from the shows contents that he is only interested in big fast cars and what they are worth. One would think that a maker of a supposed classic car show would get everyone on board by include all shapes, sizes and tastes but no, they are not happy unless they are alienating one quarter or another of the classic car movement. We may just have to get him fired as well!  I prefer to watch Wheeler dealers, I know the buying and selling profit side of things is a joke but at least Mr Brewer samples all sorts and isnt unnecessarily rude about other enthusiasts tastes.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 12:20:43 AM »
Wiil the Beeb be brave? It is really time to find a relatively unknown personality to take over TG and head in a different direction. To replace presenters on this format is a poisoned chalice better known presenters might steer clear of. JC is quite capable of reinventing the programme elsewhere, anyway. Some of the names being banded about are quite worrying. Ant and Dec? Another option is the guest presenter of each show. None of which really bothers me, since I will not be watching it.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »
Wind the clock back a couple of decades and you had one or maybe two television shows about cars. These days with all the channels you have several to choose from, and there is enough variety for everyone.

Top Gear is a show for the sort of person that might buy 'Revs' magazine, whereas something like Wheelerdealers is more aimed at a reader of 'Practical Classics'.

1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 06:02:02 PM »
I sort of agree. Like Clarkson, Revs went out of fashion several years ago, only difference is they stopped publishing Revs, while the BBC somehow managed to overlook the decline in Top Gear's ratings.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 09:12:27 PM »
Just watched the Classic car show and although most of it was in the usual big supercar mode there was a nice little spot where Jennifer Saunders drives a classic Fiat 500 around the Portobello and she was very complimentary.