Author Topic: Clarkson in trouble AGAIN!  (Read 9775 times)

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
Re: Clarkson in trouble AGAIN!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 02:36:24 PM »
Agree with you Bob bring on Jennifer Saunders the best bit of the show
Why do we need to watch 2 people driving around America?
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 03:06:12 PM »
Well quite.
I thought the bit about petitioning Fiat to reintroduce the old Fiat 500 in electric guise was somewhat unrealistic. The other 500's that Jennifer was cruising past in the film were not plants, I'm a regular at the Portobello and those cars do belong to the locals. I cruise past them all the time looking for a parking space!
I even agreed with her when she said that she wanted a small electric town car but didnt want to look like Postman Pat by driving a G-wiz! As much as I like my wiz it is an ungainly looking car!

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 07:01:53 PM »
My favourite of the small electric cars is the Renault Twizy. Quite a nicely designed machine, and they motor along very well.

A driver at work has one, and i think he recoups the cost of the battery rental by renting the door skins for advertisements.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
I love a recent conversation. Couple in Islington, big struggle to get out of debt, paying for 3 kids. Lady becomes qualified teacher and 'needs' a car for school. Choice is a £4k modern Mini in the correct colour, increasing their debt, not good. Also seems a rather inappropriate vehicle for city use. This is what we are up against. A refusal to buy the best answer for the job in hand (or maybe not buying anything!) but a willingness to take the risk for something fashionable at a probably higher cost than expected.

Ultimately it well need the Government of the nation, or capital, to create conditions to force some compliance with genuine green and efficient answers to city traffic, rather than taking a bounty off it to squander. There exists every reason to create better electric cars, but no market place strong enough to warrant the investment of private money. We are being badly let down and fibs from the top make it no better. Who do you vote for on that. Eer, sound of wind blowing, no one. Not even the Greens have a policy that can work.

Still no doubt the new Top Gear, or what ever it is, will deal with such interesting problems by burning old cars in Battersea power station to see which has the highest calorific value, or some such twaddle. Life on the media's equivalent of low fat Shake.

Tesla.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 12:33:08 PM »
I enjoyed this piece from Alexei Sayle proposing a Dr Who like regeneration as the solution of what to do about Top Gear.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/apr/03/alexei-sayle-its-time-for-a-marxist-top-gear-jeremy-clarkson
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 01:10:27 PM »
Yes, enjoyed reading that piece.

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 05:03:40 PM »
Top Gear presented by Alexei Sayle might even get me to watch it again...

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 07:40:02 PM »
Marvellous, save Maxism is utter tosh, a provable statement to those with an open mind. So someone who makes a good living out of utter tosh, proving its utter tosh in doing so, is not going to get me watching it for genuine information. I would rather have John Lydon, as he is an honest anarchist made good.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs