Author Topic: Stuart's latest purchase.....  (Read 28460 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Re: Stuart's latest purchase.....
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »
You won't get away with that surely Stuart !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 08:40:53 AM »
I've not seen this thread before , interesting read need more of this on the forum, I didn't know chairs like that existed and now I want one!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2015, 08:54:47 AM »
It's got 03.48 hrs all over it  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 09:10:20 AM »
Personally I think its more interesting than a Peel. Davros meets Old Sparky. THere ought to be a few more of these and speed trials in a vellodrome.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 09:59:13 AM »
With a name like Wrigley they really ought to have made BUBBLE cars but alas, not.  Something to chew on.  ;D 
When this thread was started there was no category for IC's and related conveyances and I think Stuart here is trying to sneak under the radar or throw down some sort of prosthetic gauntlet. Am I going to move it to the correct category? Am I heck as like! After all the grief I got last time for just doing my job! Well played Stuart. I will get you back though! ;) ;D  This is not to say that one of the other moderators will not do the right thing.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
I think a Wrigley microcar might be overblown. Did they have the gumption to stretch that far?  ;D

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
Obviously my Braune now sits nicely within the Microcar category - just need to get it registered for the road :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
Must be a microcar. It has a tartan interior!  ;D

That is a nice looking example. I like it. Hopefully an economical collecting area, but one of merit and interest. Bit like older Garden Tractors. Not really fashionable yet, but I can see the interest.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:46:30 AM by Big Al »

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »
When were these cars built ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
Re: Stuart's latest purchase.....
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 03:12:40 PM »
That could depend upon which thread your reading this on. Steve would like the answer for grown ups, please. :o

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 07:11:42 AM »
Stuart very quick to show the wheelchair motoring along , but shortly after was seen being rescued by Mike Shepherd after the battery gave up  ;D

I really do not understand this photo or the comment.  Is it pertinent to Stuart, Mike or the Wrigley?  Can someone explain?

There are quite a few similar IC's to the Wrigley, such as the AC Epic , many Meyra's, the Custer Chair, Voltman E100, Stevens, and Elka.  Electric as well as petrol.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 07:48:32 AM »
Yes, please do. Ahem.

I like it. First of all, Ian, may I mention my manky Meyra was made your merry Meyra a year ago May.
The Custer Chair sounds more like a threat. Beware of Indian Enthusiast runs! I wonder if it has a little bighorn?
The Voltman is even more scary. Is the pole extra? I assume the driver leaves the chair behind, as he is levered up, towards the second story window, or other suitable target.
Elka, Yiddish for 'oath to god'. Hmm, not seen one, but they might be on to something.
For those who might be confused, this is called humour.