Author Topic: RCN 124 Spring 2015  (Read 19529 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RCN 124 Spring 2015
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:55:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, The newest edition of the best Microcar Magazine in the World is in the post.  A New Year and a new look but all the familiar articles together with others such as Norsjo Shopper, Bond Lilliput, France  1940-1944 and DVLA Registration.  Our Editor Chris has now under taken the collection of the subscriptions, so if you are not yet a fully paid up member let him have your pennies as soon as possible.  Don't forget there is now the cheaper electronic option available if you wish.  I will still be dispatching the postal copies and will send you yours just as soon as Chris receives your subscription.
We hope you enjoy reading the magazine and appreciate the changes in presentation.  Don't forget we appreciate your comments, suggestions and above all your articles.  Make the magazine the voice of the Microcar World.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: RCN 124 Spring 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »
Just to clarify.

The British Norsja Shopper has not the same engine with reverse, as fitted to the Swedish Partner. It is a differing version of the engine, in a different state of tune, as marked by the suffix designation of the engine type. Andrew and I cracked the Sachs code. So while it might appear to be the same, it is not. Subject to knowing what the engine model of the other two imports were we cannot rule those two out. In driving it seems clear that the car is geared down to lower its top speed. Bare in mind the car has no speedo. So it fits with requirements. To my mind its a demonstrator with sales to under 17's in mind. As such, it is a complete one off, until, or unless, finds another with the same specification. I leave it to the new owner if he wishes to register the car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:28:33 PM »
I decided to take my RCN the electronic way this year and save £9.00 The other advantage is that I get it before you others. I shan't call spoiler alert though. Will wait till you guys get your paper version before discussing contents.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »
He ! That's not fair !! We haven't got ours yet and you will have raided the piggy bank and bought it already . We know you always wanted one , or are you buying it as an investment ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 09:19:05 AM »
Ho ho!!  I do actually remember a time when there were cars for sale in RCN worth buying, still just A car for sale makes a change.
Well I wouldnt say I want one but I have to admitt I was mildly distracted by that one at the national year before last. I think it was just a chance to examine something I hadnt seen before, a complete one anyway and something so bonkers.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 09:22:42 AM »
Dear Richard

It is a fact of life that a digital copy sent by email arrives a few seconds/minutes at its destination anywhere in the world, while dear old Royal Mail takes days to deliver anywhere in the UK.

Some smart readers have paid for both a paper and a digital copy so they get the speed of the digital copy and a paper copy for their collection.

The choice is yours

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 09:34:17 AM »
Ah but you could delay the sending of the digital copy to be more fair  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 10:03:41 AM »
Send it in a wrapper that opens on a date. No doubt the firewalls would suspect it of being a virus or something. Simple is best.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »
still not received so those who pay the higher amount receive days later hmmm not sure about this  :-\

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »
Oh behave Richard. What do you expect Chris to do, hold back sending the email version until every single paper subscriber has reported in to say they have got theirs? There are no classified adds to speak of apart from the very expensive thing that no one wants so what the problem? If it bothers you switch to paperless and you can always print it off for a hard copy which is what I'm going to do.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Well you opted for the cheapest course but I have many years of archive material and appreciate the look and feel of the magazine . No need to be rude either regarding what's for sale just because you rule it out yourself I regard it differently ( I wonder why  :) ) I feel I have a valid point Bob , and am entitled to it . On this I am unanimous !  :). Chris could you say how many " smart" people paid the £19 hard copy AND £10.50 digital price , surely not many or am I wrong ?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:20:52 PM by richard »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »
Dear Richard

The answer to your question in technically three, but in reality it is only one. Now there is a conundrum only a chartered accountant could solve.

However I see this trend increasing with the popularity of tablets and other hand held computer gizmos.

The uptake of digital copies is steadily increasing year on year. It will take a long time before it over takes printed copies.

I can see the logic of reading paperbacks on E-readers but works of reference like  "Microcar Mania", I think not,

I am all for diversity. and in a drive to increase circulation I am happy to offer it.

The important thing is that you enjoy reading the articles written by your friends and colleagues.

Happy reading

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 08:23:47 PM »
I must admit I would rather have the printed version but at the moment I must economise.. Subs and memberships can add up to an alarming amount when you are into all sorts of stuff as I am. No rudeness intended, just thought you would see funny side. So how do you suggest Chris address this issue?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 08:34:31 PM »
I see no problem sending the email two days , the least 2nd class post could possibly manage , later than the posted ones why would that be a problem ? I wonder if costings have actually been worked out , obviously the magazine still has to be printed but I suspect the cost would not be radically different if we have 100 or 250 copies printed . If half the subscribers went email only then the money raised would be halved but would the costs ? If my surmise is correct then you could argue that those paying for the printed hard copy actually subsidise the digital version so perhaps a more even delivery time could be considered . Never think I get worked up about things Bob - I don't , I really am a most relaxed type of guy  :) ( work excluded   :( )

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:42:39 PM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 09:15:39 PM »
Well I know that from your biscuit eating habits on the autobahn! ;)