Author Topic: Isetta club rally  (Read 10299 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Isetta club rally
« on: March 17, 2015, 01:56:15 PM »
The Isetta owners club of GB will be celebrating there 60th year with a rally at the Bubblecar museum Lincolnshire July 11th and 12th.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Isetta club rally
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »
Just as well some look like they have a Zimmer frame on the front all ready. ;D

Hopefully there will be some effort to get along to this.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:05:43 AM »
"The Isetta Owners Club will be celebrating the Club's 60th Anniversary with a Rally held over the weekend of 11 to 12 July 2015 at The Bubblecar Museum, Lincolnshire, England."

The Club's 60th? Sounds jolly good going considering the IOC was only founded in 1978-79, which by my maths is but thirty-seven years ago...   :-\

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:08:27 AM by Stuart Cyphus »

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 04:41:01 AM »
Presumably it's the car, in its BMW and Velam forms, which was introduced 60 years ago!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 07:22:18 AM »
"The Isetta Owners Club will be celebrating the Club's 60th Anniversary with a Rally held over the weekend of 11 to 12 July 2015 at The Bubblecar Museum, Lincolnshire, England."

The Club's 60th? Sounds jolly good going considering the IOC was only founded in 1978-79, which by my maths is but thirty-seven years ago...   :-\

When Martin McKeever was a young man about Essex. He initiated the call to Club, but had left within a year, as he 'disagreed' with what it turned into. Martin is an original BUMS member, thus I understand where he comes from. Yes, I know I said Essex! No self respecting anarchic thinker is going to follow the common path. We spark ideas, but most of them are to far out for the majority, apparently. Anyway, the IOC got off the chocks, and did rather well. It has had some bumpy moments and tiffs but its managed to survive. What it needs is a good turnout, with new faces getting involved, celebrating 60 years of Isetta by BMW.

Now the BUMS idea would have been to get hold of BMW and have it at Cowley with a trip round the factory plus some sponsorship money for getting them on the telly. Mini killed the Bubblecar - BMW revived the Mini, sort of idea. But, hey, that's us.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:26:28 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

terryparkin

• Occasional
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 10:39:02 AM »
I have been advised by The Right Hon. Mr G Starter that there appears to be some  confusion, over the nomenclature of this event. "The Club" was created by Wilfred Flint, a foreman at the Isetta factory in 1955. He was an old-school whip-cracker who in former times used to be foreman at the nearby quarry where he gained the nick-name "Rucksack" because he was always on the worker’s backs.
During his employment at the Isetta Works he created "The Club" as an efficiency incentive and motivational device, and fashioned it from Bavarian timber salvaged from an old shipping crate from Die Farterland. He utilised "The Club" to reprimand lazy employees and those who were perpetually late in the mornings. The whispered phrase "You're in line for The Club" struck fear into apprentices who would ride a motorcycle to work just so they could don their crash-helmets as Foreman Flint approached
On the closure of the Isetta factory "The Club" disappeared for a while, but was later discovered being used as apparatus by Mrs Flint in her keep-fit classes.
Upon the eventual passing of Mr and Mrs Flint, The Club was subsequently donated to the fledgling Isetta Owners Club by their son and heir, Sparky Flint.
It is now kept with the rest of the IoC's treasured historical artefacts under the Chairman's bed in his garage/man-cave and only brought out and dusted off for Ceremonial occasions such as annointing the head of the winner of the IoC's Nit-Picker of The Year prize, which this year will be presented on “The Club’s” 60th Anniversary.
I have forwarded some names of deserving candidates consideration for this auspicious award and (unofficially) one of your number is currently “The Club”s prime candidate.
I hope this clarifies any confusion or misunderstanding.
Terry Parkin
News at Ten
Boing !

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »
 :)

Love it, Terry!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 01:30:29 PM »
To clarify further I am said Right Hon. G. Starter [Gyrostarter] to be claiming the award, not sure in which form the award will take but will be wearing my crash helmet just in case. ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »
I once thought of joining the IOC but the thought of all their Members being lined up for scrutiny at the AGM was just one step to far  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Axiam

• Occasional
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »
I have been advised by The Right Hon. Mr G Starter that there appears to be some  confusion, over the nomenclature of this event. "The Club" was created by Wilfred Flint, a foreman at the Isetta factory in 1955. He was an old-school whip-cracker who in former times used to be foreman at the nearby quarry where he gained the nick-name "Rucksack" because he was always on the worker’s backs.
During his employment at the Isetta Works he created "The Club" as an efficiency incentive and motivational device, and fashioned it from Bavarian timber salvaged from an old shipping crate from Die Farterland. He utilised "The Club" to reprimand lazy employees and those who were perpetually late in the mornings. The whispered phrase "You're in line for The Club" struck fear into apprentices who would ride a motorcycle to work just so they could don their crash-helmets as Foreman Flint approached
On the closure of the Isetta factory "The Club" disappeared for a while, but was later discovered being used as apparatus by Mrs Flint in her keep-fit classes.
Upon the eventual passing of Mr and Mrs Flint, The Club was subsequently donated to the fledgling Isetta Owners Club by their son and heir, Sparky Flint.
It is now kept with the rest of the IoC's treasured historical artefacts under the Chairman's bed in his garage/man-cave and only brought out and dusted off for Ceremonial occasions such as annointing the head of the winner of the IoC's Nit-Picker of The Year prize, which this year will be presented on “The Club’s” 60th Anniversary.
I have forwarded some names of deserving candidates consideration for this auspicious award and (unofficially) one of your number is currently “The Club”s prime candidate.
I hope this clarifies any confusion or misunderstanding.
Terry Parkin
News at Ten
Boing !

Oh dear, Big Al and now Terry. 
Will the Forum ever be the same again  :)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 05:36:21 PM »
Perhaps I am paranoid and my member could have taken the scrutiny  :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »
I once thought of joining the IOC but the thought of all their Members being lined up for scrutiny at the AGM was just one step to far  :)

Perhaps I am paranoid and my member could have taken the scrutiny  :-\

Don't worry about it you two. In the micro world it's all about reverse snobbery;  The smallest one wins remember...    ;)   :-*

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 05:57:15 PM »
 ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »
I used to know a bloke who put his in a Tranny. He would camp overnight and then get it out and hope to win a prize. No idea if he was big into clubs but he liked rosettes. Jangle jangle jewellery.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »
You may be thinking of the club historian. Not a keen driver of Isetta's but a good club official all the same. Thanks to he my car is now dated correctly.