Author Topic: Lorton long weekend in Cumbria 13 -16 August  (Read 1278 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Lorton long weekend in Cumbria 13 -16 August
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:21:50 AM »
Based at Lorton, by popular demand, another addition for those who look to test their cars against the biggest country England can offer. The Scots will tell you, you have not driven a microcar until you have been the dot in the mountains. Some are coming down to this event. Hugely rewarding.

I have not firm details but I know its going off in August. Maybe the event is being coy as its not a car show and the organisers want to be out driving too, not changing nappies at the camp site.

Scottish Micro Car Rally 2015

13-16 August

Vale of Lorton Cumbria

Situated in the tranquil Vale of Lorton and surround by some of the finest Lakeland fells a warm welcome awaits the Scottish Micro Car Rally at the17th Century Wheatsheaf Inn.

Motorhomes: £12.50 per night for single occupancy.

£20 per night for two people sharing and £7 per extra person per night.

Tents:  £7 per person per night.

B&B: can be arranged yourself close by in Lorton from around £20 per person per night.

Static caravans for 4 (see photo): can be rented at £215 for 3 nights plus £5 gas and electricity.

There will be a shorter run out on the Thursday afternoon, and longer runs on the Friday and Saturday, and another shorter run on Sunday morning.

Saturday Evening Meal: there will be a three course evening meal at £16 per head  with a veggie option, served in the Wheatsheaf Inn. To be booked in advance with Alan Prince and paid for on arrival.

Breakfast Menu: Sausage and bacon rolls available from the campsite shop on all days. Full English breakfasts available if sufficient numbers and ordered in advance.

Bar meals are also available every night in the Wheatsheaf Inn at the entrance to the site.

Also, there will be no extra charges for awnings, gazebos, pets, trailers, etc. and we will only be paying 2013 prices.

In return, I have to take the bookings and payments. Please let me know in advance if you’re coming as the field is limited to around 30 units. But please don’t say you’re coming if you’re not sure. Payments can be made to me on arrival.

You can stay longer if you want to – just let me know.

To book ring Alan Prince on 01900 881110 or 07979 690160 or email alanprince1@btinternet.com
[/color]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:39:06 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

terryparkin

• Occasional
Re: Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »
Griselda and I went to the Cumbrian Steam rally last year, and had a great time. Could the Lorton rally be arranged on dates whereby we could attend the Cumbian Steam Rally and display en masse ? Gordon Fitzgerald would probably be happy to liaise.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Cumbria
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 05:10:58 PM »
Naught to do with me, I am afraid. I am reporting 3rd hand info. You need to talk to Alan Prince. Though Alan Town is booked in. You do not have to be Alan to attend, but it might save confussion - queue MPFC Bruce sketch.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs