Author Topic: Events list 2015  (Read 9352 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Events list 2015
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:03:53 AM »
Events 2015

New event listed

A list of events of interest from the Messerschmitt Enthusiasts Club. This will evolve during the course of the year, so do come back and check from time to time. If you are involved in organising any events that would interest MEC members then please let us know (email: takeoff@messerschmittclub.org or send to Mark, Tony or Alan).

5th – 14th April
   Scottish Micro-car Club April Rally. A week long, two centre event at
Gairloch Camping and Caravan Park (5 – 8 April),
and Port A Bhaigh Campsite, Altandhu (8 – 12 April)
   Details: John Ducker Tel: 01855 821354 or visit: Scottish Micro-car Club

19th April
   The Singing Whee1 4th Alternative Northern Dutch Tulip Rally, DWACls Roadhouse Akkerweg 39, 1779 GJ, Den Oever, Netherlands. This year, the rally will start at 11.00 hrs at the Singing Wheels Roadhouse on the N99 between Den Oever and Den Helder, and travel through the Tulip field of the Noordkop. Along the way there is a lunch organized at an inn. Then through the dikes and cute little villages there will be visits to special buildings, and will finish near Wieringermeer. Costs of participation, including lunch, road bookand reminder: € 12.50 pp. Closing date 12 April 2015.
   For more information contact DWAC on email tulpen@goggomobil.nl

24th -26th April
   The 4th Belgian Bubblecar Club Rally, Remersdaal, several road runs and a treasure hunt. Saturday evening a dinner party will also be held. Camping can be booked:’ NATUURLIJK LIMBURG’  Roodbos 3  3791 Voeren. You can chose between a chalet ,an apartment, or  B&B or even Hotel  . all bookings via the camping: NATUURLIJK LIMBURG’    tel : 0032-43 810 176  or info@campingnatuurlijklimburg.be.
Entrance fee for the rally-weekend is 80 € per person (roadbooks +Saturday & Sunday lunch + Friday & Saturday evening dinner , entrance fees on different attractions.
 Subscription ends 15 MARCH 2015.The number of participants is limited for safety reasons. Only upon receipt of the entrance fee (15 march 2015 at the latest), payable by bank transfer to account number (IBAN) BE 25 2991 1334 0482 (BIC) GEBABEBB  your participation to the rally will be registered. So up to you to beg a way in
  Yvan TEL 003253834323     email      vertongenyvan@live.be
  Andrew TEL 0032(0)34401127 mobile 0032(0)486413896  email isetta300@skynet.be
  Patrick TEL mobile: 0032(0)475461229  email  patrickvanmol@skynet.be

26th April
   Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs — Drive It Day. FBHVC own stand is moved to Bicester, just north of Oxford, and includes Scrambling, trade stands, club stands etc. for more info on that go to http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/heritage-culture-and-museums/drive-it-day/
   I would just remind folk that as its Drive It Day, most venues are not catering for trailers but acting as centres for driving routes. Bicester being happily near me, but there should be something near you.

4th May
   Popham Aerodrome classic vehicle day at the fly/drive jumble and Fly In day. MEC have a stand and tickets. You need to prebook as this has become a popular drive in event - do not really do trailers. Always interesting autojumble which is free if you have driven in. I can recommend this as a day out in your classic car, micro or otherwise.

22nd – 24th May
   Heinkel Trojan Club Rally and A.G.M. At the Bubblecar Museum, Main Road, Lanrick, Boston, Lincolnshire PE22 7AW. More details to follow

22nd - 24th May
   Bruce Weiner Museum, Madison Ga. Friday 9 am meet and greet at the museum. Stay until lunch, drive into town many local eateries. Regather at the square 2 pm extended drive back to the museum.
   Sat morning meet at the museum to show with trophies awarded. 10 am museum micro car parts, literature and misc models and toys for sell. Start set prices, falling as the hours pass. Bruce says to come with a trailer, Just for you to know, there is a ton of Messerschmitt parts.
   The evening meal will be there for registered followed by the microcar auction. You have to be on site to bid.
   Clay Holland or Larry Newberry 865 300-3599

29th-31st May
   Trollhätteträffen Rally, Swedish Microcar Club. Stenrösets Camping site, Trollhättan. Sweden. 70 km north of Gothenburg.
Trollhätteträffen is the largest of the Swedish microcar rallies held each year, attracting between 30 and 40 cars is normal.
    For more information contact: J T on +46(0)704366537

30th - 31st May
   Asparafest, Nr Evesham. On the back of the Microcar Clubnight at The Fleece, Bretforton, has come an invite from Nigel, the Landlord, for Microcars to attend this event as his guests. Home of the best Asparagus beds in the country, the event is a celebration of the harvest season, also it is a gourmets delight and Nigel's beer tent will offer some 100 differing real ales, ciders and other alcoholic drinks. The Wurzels, and the Moulettes, amongst others will be playing on one of the stages. Even a massed band of Ukuleles is promised, bring yours! Add the elements of a county show and it ticks many of my boxes as a weekend away. Loads to look at in the area, indeed a driving event might well be included. The actual Asparagus Classic Car Treasure hunt is held earlier in the week, I understand.
   See - http://www.asparafest.co.uk/
Since our South of Birmingham contingent are helping with the Hatton Garden Job later in September, it will probably fall to the MEC element of locals to The Fleece to organize the access to participate in this event. 

4th – 7th June
   The Northern Microcar Rally Square and Compass, Station Road, Darley Bridge, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 2EQ. £14 per unit per night plus £1 insurance (£3 non-members).
   Tel: Ray Glendinning on 01274 218455 or 07977 445694 (mobile)

4th - 7th June
   MCD-Jahrestreffen in Nidda-Oberschmitten. German Messerschmitt Rally, getting over 150 Schmitts on the road now.
   Contact http://www.messerschmitt-club-deutschland.de/

6th – 7th June
   XV International Vintage Micro-car Meeting Manresa, Spain. Details: Clàssic Motor Club del Bages, P.O.BOX. 338, E-08240 MANRESA Spain.
   Tel: +34 9387 51820 or e-mail: classic@classicmotorclub.org. See: MICROCOTXES CLÀSSICS A MANRESA

7th June
   North West Museum of Road Transport, St Helens, Merseyside, UK. The museum, which has a large collection of vehicles, mostly buses, will hold a 'microcar' day for Bubble Cars, Reliants and similar vehicles. They will have a 'Heritage' bus service running round the town, and there will be catering in the form of hot and cold snacks and drinks from a WWII-vintage catering van.
   For more information contact: Geoff Nicholson on email geoff.nicholson@talktalk.net or call +44(0)1744 451681

13th – 20th June
   East Anglian Micro-car Club 21st Anniversary Rally. Rose Farm Campsite, Belton, Gt Yarmouth.
   More details: Tony Pettingill on 07881 247659 (mobile) or Martin Galea, e-mail: martin.galea@btinternet.com, Tel: 0777636829 (mobile)

14th June
   Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway's June Classic Vehicle Day at Toddington Station, Gloucestershire, GL54 5DT. Details/entry forms here - Toddington Classic Vehicle Days

25th – 28th June
   Micromaniacs Early Summer Rally at Wolds View Touring Park, 115 Brigg Road, Caster, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire LN7 6RJ. Details: Phil Manning Tel: 01472 851099 or 07732 601171 (mobile). Cost £15 per unit per night. Plus £1 insurance. Please RESERVE your place in advance by paying £5 per unit directly to the campsite.
   Contact - Eric Bruce, e-mail: e.l.bruce@hotmail.co.uk, Tel: 0191 5860854 or 07885742566 (mobile)

26th - 28th June
   Ålandstraffen Rally, Finnish Dwarf Car Association. Alebo camping site on the Åland Islands. An island between Sweden and Finland. This event, being more difficult to reach, normally attracts about 20 microcars. For those who like camping in unusual locations, this is ideal.
   For more information contact: Anders Johnsson on, +46(0)736538180.

3rd – 5th July
   Bath Microcar Rally at Keynsham Rugby Club, Crown Fields, Bristol Road, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2BE.
   Details: Bristol Micro-car Club

11th - 12th July
   60 years of the Isetta. All microcar enthusiast are welcome to come along and celebrate with us.  There will be no entry fee to the rally but you will receive a 'Welcome Pack'.  A run out will be arranged for Saturday with a free BBQ and quiz in the evening.  Sunday run out to a café in Boston for breakfast should you wish to participate.  Please make campsite bookings directly with the Bubblecar Museum.Tel: 01205 280037
   Contact Ian Parris  Tel: 07909 514916

16th – 19th July
   Messerschmitt Owners Club Rally in Wicksteed Park, Kettering, celebrating 60 years since the introduction of the KR200. Details including full four day Rally Programme here - MOC Annual Rally 2015

26th July
   The Hammond Collection Open Day, School House Farm, Hawkenbury, Staplehurst, Kent, UK. One of the few times each year when the Hammond Collection of microcars is officially open. The event is very low key, when old friends turn up and network. There is no formal run and no judging, just the enjoyment of seeing the interesting assortment of cars that turn up.
   For more information contact: Jean Hammond. Email jean@rumcars.org

8th – 9th August
   12th Classic Bike Club Show at Donington Park, Derby DE74 2RP. Part of Donington Classic Motorcycle Festival. MICROCARS WELCOME Enquires: Doug Perkins, 07971 856620 (mobile) or e-mail to andy@vjmc-northants.co.uk. More details here: Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

13th – 16th August
   Scottish Micro-car Club August Rally at the Wheatsheaf Inn, Vale of Lorton, Cumbria. Lakeland driving routes.
   Contact - Alan Prince Tel: 01900 881110 or 07979 690160 (mobile) or visit Scottish Micro-car Club

15th - 16th August
   Severn Valley Railway 1960s Weekend. The SVR is celebrating it's 50th anniversary, we shall be holding a special 1960s theme weekend (1959 -1969 only). I am seeking classic vehicles from the era to join in with our displays at the following station: Kidderminster: We are looking to display saloon cars on our station forecourt and microcars under our station canopy. All display areas will be on a first come - first served - basis on the day. Owners wishing to take part will receive a special discount rate for train travel on the day they attend, for themselves and for one passenger. This will be Child Member rate (£8 for a freedom of the line train ticket - bargain!). Extra are evening concerts at Kidderminster station. Friday night, we have a Rolling Stones tribute band performing. Saturday night, a Who tribute band and late night disco. Tickets for these concerts on sale after Easter. These can be purchased from our website, www.svr.co.uk or by calling our offices on Tel: 01562 757900, Closing date for entries, 1st August 2015. See separate thread for full invite info.
   Contact details are: Andy Christie, andy.christie@svrlive.com, 07753958266

28th - 31st August
   7th Cheshire Microcar Rally. Sycamore Farm Caravan Site, Chelford Road, Soss Moss, Nether Alderley, Cheshire SK10 4TU
   Tel: 01625 860893 - phone Andrea to book a pitch

30th – 31st August
   25th Classic Motor Show Knebworth House, Nr Stevenage, Herts. SG1 2AX.
   Enquiries – Tel: 01527 831726 or e-mail: info@geminievents.co.uk. Web: Classic Motor Shows

3rd – 6th September
   41st National Micro-car Rally Hatton Country World, Hatton Adventure World, Dark Lane, Hatton, Warwick CV35 8XA. Full details from http://www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk/     
   Contact - Malcolm Dudley Tel: 07966 121223

3rd – 6th September
   BEAULIEU INTERNATIONAL AUTOJUMBLE. With well over 2,000 stands, this is the largest outdoor sale of motoring items this side of the Atlantic! Details here: "Beaulieu"

13th September
   Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway's September Classic Vehicle Day at Toddington Station, Gloucestershire, GL54 5DT.
   Details/entry forms here - Toddington Classic Vehicle Days

24th – 27th September
   Christmas in September! (Advance Booking Essential) at Drax Sports and Social Club, Main Road, Drax, Selby, North Yorkshire YO8 8PJ- Micro Maniacs.
   Contact - Bob Bareham Tel: 01724 710747

There are some good events in here. This time the format should allow for rallies not yet up, or new info, to be posted into the menu. Not sure if I am the only person who can do that or if the moderators can too. Also you should be copy the list and thus downloaded into your own diary or magazine. See if it works. Lets get this information out there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:09:04 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Events list 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:31:42 PM »
Sunday 26th July 2015 - the Hammond Collection Open Day - Sadly the one RUMCAR related event and its missed off the Events List.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:35:23 PM »
Sorry Jean. I got to the point this morning of no longer seeing mistakes and had to stop! Then it was a nice day, you can work outside till 7 now, hurragh. Removed all the gubbins from a Villiers engine, so you can see the bare unit, not the fittings, as it came out. Also stripped out a Goggo 400cc engine bought off EBay, and apparently missed by everyone, in the extra few hours we now get. Anyway been a bit more editing. List looks better and easier to read, I think. Some more to do yet as have to access Club info, like Bonds etc. Anyway got to go and try and paint the bathroom now.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:34:26 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:20:06 AM »
Some more to do yet as have to access Club info, like Bonds etc.

A reminder, perhaps, that there are two types of car event: "open" and "club".  The open events are those organised by some group, but open to all, and the more cars the merrier.  Club events are really a meeting of the members of the particular club.  (And being club events, will be advertised to club members within the club magazine or whatever, so need no other external publication.)

The Bond Owners Club will be doing several club events, but - so far - has no open events planned this year.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
Yep. Not got into that yet, as so far the events are open and freely advertised, or restricted by definition to the marque of car, with the hosting club not unduly concerned that marque cars attending are not in club membership. Clearly by getting these folk along to an event, they hope to enrol them as new members. With the Messerschmitts its been the practice recently for the one club to invite the other. Many of the members are the same anyway, and while the clubs have yet to unify in any way, the old animosity is mostly gone. Not least as the ancient split has few folk who were really involved in the tiff left upright to perpetuate it. This would seem to be a reasonable way to have a rally, but their are always reasons for restrictions or alternative attendance rules.

It might be that some Club Nights fall into this individualism too. Yet it is worth advertising, as its a bit daft if some guy finds he is on top of a meeting he can access, but otherwise would have no way of finding out about it. He can be troubled to join and participate. Well directed advertising brings in the numbers, even to restricted events.

Its sad to say that near enough none of the above listings appear in the national media almanacs, and yearly events diaries published, and given away free. Much of the organisational effort goes to waste, as potential attendees do not get to know there is an event. I am not even sure why I am the one pooling the rally info still, when I am conscious of attending few events now, unlike I used too, and I no longer serve, or belong, to a microcar club. Still I am repeating myself.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:27:56 AM by Big Al »

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 12:26:13 PM »
Al, I think these Events and Club Nights should go on the website rather than the Forum so that they can be continually up dated through out the year.  Sadly as we have no one with sufficient time or expertise to undertake this for Rumcars at the moment I think it should be a separate entity on the Forum rather on a running topic but I am not sure how that is done either!!!!!!!  So I will shut up.  Jean
Jean

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 01:29:12 PM »
I had wondered about that. But the raw data is here to be shuffled by them's that know how. Do topics or lists grow better as a thread or as a entity of themselves? I do not know. Perhaps both are possible? RUM having something a neutral position is ideal to collect and diplay all events that offer service to what it calls microcars. It has no great bias, other than maybe its own bunfight. In doing so it might bring a few more folk who find there is some diverse stuff going on. I am happy to provide the ammo where I can. But feel free to provide input, guys.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 03:15:25 PM »
Al, I think these Events and Club Nights should go on the website rather than the Forum so that they can be continually up dated through out the year.  Sadly as we have no one with sufficient time or expertise to undertake this for Rumcars at the moment I think it should be a separate entity on the Forum rather on a running topic but I am not sure how that is done either!!!!!!! 

There is currently a CALENDAR function for this forum for anyone to use.  Look up the page a bit and you will see a link to it.
It takes no expertise but it may take a few minutes to enter information.

No one seems to have the time or inclination, which is why I have told you repeatedly in the past that you are going to have a very very difficult time finding VOLUNTEERS to do all this web work you would like.

ANYONE can take AL's list and add it to the existing CALENDAR.
It is about as simple as making a post to the Forum.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 05:57:58 PM »
No wonder I feel old. Just looked at the calendar and find I am the OLDEST one on here among all you youngsters! I also list when I walk.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 12:18:34 PM »
I would like to point out that my contact number for the national should read 07966 121223.
I don't know the number printed.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »
You are joking Rob, but then a lady doesn't tell her age!!!!!!!!! Jean
Jean

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »
I would like to point out that my contact number for the national should read 07966 121223.
I don't know the number printed.

That is odd. I did this once already. See if it stays put this time.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 09:58:52 AM »
So are there to many open microcar events? A proposition worth discussion, resulting from talk about the Bond Owners Club only rally elsewhere  (under Powerdrive, it made sense at the time).

As a rough count I am suggesting the Events list offers 9 specifically microcar oriented events that welcome any microcar over the year. That is not to say the Marque Rallies exclude others from attending.

There does seem to be a reduced number of people/cars attending these events, over time. There can be many reasons for that, but I think we can agree that its a fact. So one strong argument would be to many events mean folk pick the nearest ones and do not tend to travel great distance. Against that is, if you reduce the number of events and they are not spread well round the country you risk folk still not doing the mileage and some areas of no events at all, and others where there is a low turnout still.

As an aside. I live in a rather favoured part of bthe country. I can get to London, Bristol or Birmingham in about a hour. This is brilliant for most things. Yet in the last few years there has only been one rally really within that circle, Bath. Now I am not complaining. Its up to locals to organise local events or you are at the whim of other organisers who, naturally, will tend to organise in their patch, or where activity is known to offer fair support. The National has ventured into my circle several times, to. But I think the National is a different thing. It should be the big celebration of microcars in the year. The South is fundamentally a quiet area at the moment. It used not to be.

Conversely areas that were quiet, are now achieving. The East of the Country, Scotland, and now the North West is making the effort. The more Northerly events are, in fact, quite challenging as the offer mileage rather than a lot of sitting around. It is clear that there is a minority group of Micronauts who really like this events. There are others who prefer the sedentary, show based, sort of thing. I am not doing the campervan thing here.

So you have a running car. You want to use it. With your marque rally there are probably 8 events you can attend, if you want to a year, as well as local general stuff. Is that to many?
What of the bod who has just got his Powerdrive going only to find that the clubs have discovered that by holding mainly closed events they have a better time? At the same time the general events slim down a bit. He might find his potential rallies reduced to only half that, as there is not a Powerdrive Club.

I really am not sure what I think about this one. All I know is there as next to bugger all going on around here. So are there not enough events? The wrong sort of events? Are some to much on top of other events?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:16 AM »
The other thing to factor in are the general classic car events and everyone I would guess has a few of those fairly close to home. Some years I have taken a microcar to these and almost not felt the need to go to a microcar rally. The advantages are you can drive your car to them with ease and microcars usually get a fuss made of them at the events because of being unusual. What I missed was the road run. Now I try to attend some of both.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 11:55:02 AM »
RUM CARS is the Powerdrive's group of like minded people or any other unusual car of course.  The Hammond Open Day on Sunday 26th. July held in Kent is the golden opportunity to meet people with other odd ball cars as well as Messerschmitts, Isettas, Bonds etc., all are very welcome.  We have an official  camp site on the farm (see page 28 of RCN 124) so there is the opportunity to make it a long weekend.  If anyone would like to organise one we would be quite happy to accommodate you, have a chat to Lesley Cook on 893850. There are plenty of interesting places to visit along quiet country roads too and and a good pub with in walking distance. Several other Classic Car Clubs that have used the site successfully.  So with some extra organising help the Open Day could be extended if anyone wants to take it on.
Also, considering there are over 1,300 cars on the Register now what about some of their owners getting together and arranging a  RUMCAR event in their part of the country which would be open to all microcars as is the Register    Jean
Jean