Author Topic: Invalid carriage destruction  (Read 2405 times)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Invalid carriage destruction
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
I thought that that title would get your attention, Stuart!

My friend Trev and I were at my local scrap yard, Ling Metals in Sandwich, Kent, today, looking for parts for a Renault Megane Coupe that I'm selling.  We left empty-handed but Trev looked round and called me back.  "Didn't you used to have one of those invalid cars?"  I was there like a shot, just in time to see a thug on a fork lift tear the top off an M-registration Model 70 (TPG 440M if you're interested) before throwing it against a modern Euro-box in an outrageous display of wanton disrespect for our motoring heritage.

I went into the slum they call the Office to ask where it had come from.  "Dunno", replied the Fat Bastard on the desk, "I just got back off 'oliday and they was 'ere".  "They?"  I asked incredulously.  "There's annuver be'ind skip" wheezed FB.  The second one had also suffered the depredations of Fork Lift Thug.  There
was minimal bodywork left and the running gear appeared to be badly damaged.

A great shame to witness the destruction of these vehicles but it gives me hope that there are still some out there, tucked away awaiting salvation - unless The
Thug and Fat Bastard get there first, of course!

Amities a tous
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.