Author Topic: Daffodil dash Moped run  (Read 4341 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Daffodil dash Moped run
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
We had a yet another great run out last Sunday from Duloe village hall. Some interesting lightweights did the run this year. Notably the Corgi paratrooper bike plus a lovely little Royal Enfield Flying flea. All completing the 40 mile course and back in time for a nice cup of tea! No concourse, not prizes, just good cheap fun with a nice bunch of lads. The oilier and rustier the moped the better!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:57:43 PM by Bob Purton »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Daffodil dash Moped run
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:43:20 AM »
Great fun. I have a bit of a hankering for a Corgi but unlikely ever to get one or find the time!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »
The Queen had a three legged one after a dog fight.
Apparently the Corgi is an appalling ride. I would not know as it looks far to easy to fall off, and since that is my main biking skill, I have given it a miss. I have fallen off a Piatti, and one of those suitcase things with handlebars like a billy goat, though. They look similarly challenged in the wheel to ride ratio department. Ariel three, nice big wheels and a solid bottom, much more my style. With enough room to put your leg challenged Royal Corgi in the basket.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:12:30 AM »
I have a short wheel-base folding bike, it did take a bit of getting used to but balance soon becomes instictive and I have even done some tough off-road rides on it, so a Corgi would be no problem!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »
I rode behind the Corgi for a while before getting bored and wanted to go faster. The poor rider had to dart across the width of the road all the time to avoid all the dips and bumps. There is no suspension at all. A hero for completing the 40 miles in my book.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 01:35:16 PM »
I'm with Big Al on this one the Dandy was bad enough , but without pedals = it got me through the bike test  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:08:59 PM »
The Dandy may have been a bad bike but highly sort after now!