Author Topic: eBay Bond D STOLEN  (Read 14452 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: eBay Bond D STOLEN
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 11:23:27 PM »
Don't believe all you read on E-Bay. 

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »
Seems my hunch was right.

Is it on a percentage? Or did the picture ring a Bell? Nah ha!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 12:32:12 PM »
Just had a phone call, asking me to put details in the Bond Info, so that Bonders aren't confused:

The Bond has NOT been stolen.  It is safely in the garage of the new owner (Dave McNeice), who bought it outright.  Seller didn't know how to withdraw it from eBay when it had sold elsewise.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »
Seems Grant got the same vibes as I did on this farce.

Good that Dave clarified this as Dave McNeice was in danger of a citizens arrest at the first show he turned up at with the car! ;D

It will be interesting to see if the winning bidder actually ends up with the MkA or not.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »
Pleased that Dave has the car but what a story ! I think the vendor probably screwed up the sale of the MK A he looking so dodgy buyers may have thought better of dealing with him ? As far as I am concerned it enlivened a forum that had settled into a daily report on how two replicas were being built - yawn . Is no-one else doing anything worth posting ? or perhaps just to busy doing it  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
I have loads to tell but its all about the replica I'm building!
We all are interested in different things, one mans meat is another mans Quorn.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 03:10:40 PM »
Seems Grant got the same vibes as I did on this farce.

Good that Dave clarified this as Dave McNeice was in danger of a citizens arrest at the first show he turned up at with the car! ;D

I had a little inside info, but as it was not my deal, I could not say anything other than alert my father in-law, Dave McNeice to what was being said on the Forum.
I'm all in favour of a citizens arrest at this years BOC annual rally in May when the MkD will make its first public appearance  ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 04:44:54 PM »
I did say as far as I was concerned Bob , more a criticism of lack of other contributions rather than anything else . I didn't know about that marital tie up Grant , I don't think anyone believed the theft but I did offer to help just in case , it would have been an awful thing to happen but what a whopper I was told !! He had just bought the garage and thought the previous owner must have kept a key !! What embellishment  :o  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 03:53:02 PM »
That's some fairy tale to tell Joe public on the rally field , nice bit off history for the car  ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 04:27:29 PM »
Indeed I would have it printed up and framed  :) NOW the A where is it ? Has that gone to a good home ? It looks as if that too needs front slats for the bonnet - that's a few sets IF we get any made

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 10:03:43 PM »
I am all for the slats hopefully having batches made should make it cheaper
Do not suppose the A went to the highest bidder as he put that £2500 was the start but with the other rubbish printed by him who knows
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »
NOW the A where is it ? Has that gone to a good home ? It looks as if that too needs front slats for the bonnet - that's a few sets IF we get any made
The A was "won", at £700, by Bond Owners Club member Geoff Prince, but when he contacted the seller to arrange payment and collection, the seller said he could have it only if he paid £2500.
Geoff went to eBay resolution and the seller said he'd got confused and didn't want to sell it in the end.
Mmmm, don't think I'll be buying anything from waltwa_3870 !

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
Exactly as predicted by myself and others.  Thanks for the update Dave.

Ebay. Dont ya just love it! ;D

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 05:26:49 PM »
I love ebay. Sold over £20,000 worth of goods so far over 10 years.  ;D
It's some of the idiots advertising their rubbish who think it is worth a fortune and get upset when others disagree.

Last year I put on an unused vintage postcard for 99p just to get rid of it, a week later 2 people had taken it up to over £90 and winner paid for it.
A few years earlier I put on the largest vintage Brooks bike saddle I have ever seen for a fiver, finishing at over £200 to someone in America. I've also sold things for 50p thinking they will rise to astronomical prices. What a lot of people don't realise is that the winning price of a lot is a legal sale, I believe.  8)
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2015, 05:28:46 PM »
perhaps the seller was having a stroke when he added these additional terms.
Not sure what his native language is, but if this is the fault of doing all your "interneting" via a cheap phone, this is what the future looks like for communication:

On 26-Mar-15 at 09:25:35 GMT, seller added the following information:
I  hav e  had  lots  of intrest,in  this  car,[ find  me  one  like  it,,]95/;  there,, it  has  a  reserive  and  now  intrest  else  were,,do  not  bid,,if  you are  not prepared  to pay  2400

::)