Author Topic: eBay Bond D STOLEN  (Read 14456 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: eBay Bond D STOLEN
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 06:37:35 PM »
In theory it is a binding deal. In practice it seems almost impossible to enforce. Feel sorry for Geoff Prince, do not know him, I think. Mentally he was owning a car, only to have it snatched away.
Cannot beat going to the cars to view/buy before the end of auction. If your not able to from the other end, or the vibes put you off going, then pass. I was invited to a layby for a Schmitt purchase and some old greenhouses to buy a BX GTI. Yeah, like I am turning up with folding to such places on my own. From that down to that 6th sense, pass.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: eBay Bond D STOLEN
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 08:22:16 PM »
Ultimately, you're always taking a gamble if you purchase a high-value item from someone with a very low feedback score on Ebay. The seller obviously didn't have a lot of experience with Ebay otherwise the listing would have been much better, much more prominent and assuming his intention was to sell, he'd have probably ended up much closer to the price he wanted in the first place. At the end of the auction, the buyer and seller have entered into a binding contract and the seller is legally obliged to provide the goods. What happens when the seller doesn't supply through really depends on how much hassle you think it's worth and how much you want to spend on legal fees. £2.5K doesn't sound unrealistic given what that other Mk A sold for recently, sure it's disappointing not to get a major bargain, but you'd be well placed to haggle if you really want a Mk A.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:33:30 PM by Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker) »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"