Author Topic: Stolen Bruetsch Al ?  (Read 2088 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Stolen Bruetsch Al ?
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:20:02 AM »
On the other post Al you mentioned a stolen Bruetsch , how far back was this and where/whose . I presume a Mopetta ? Being German perhaps I should have said a Stollen Bruetsch - very tasty
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:02:17 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Stolen Bruetsch Al ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »
Could not say who, but some 15 years ago out of deep storage. I am not sure of the model, or if it was common knowledge the example had partial existence. Like many it was incomplete and not usable. Other things were taken too.
Was it chance, or a directed acquisition? The owner of the property where the stuff was stored seemed unable to come up with a convincing story, blaming a third party. As far as I know it has never resurfaced.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Stolen Bruetsch Al ?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 01:49:32 PM »
Never heard of this before Al but it bears a resemblance to a story that I do know of - a well known micro owner of many years had the only surviving Bruetsch Bussard in storage , broken backed and possibly beyond economical repair , at that time . The glass windscreen was stored separately . Something similar occurred here and the car was believed to be lost which is how the screen came to be , very kindly ,donated to my Pfeil , 4 wheel version of the same car itself having lost its screen . Does this sound like the same story to you ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977